February 27, 2016

You Are My Sunshine for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 27

IMG_9755


Wishing for a little more sunshine and a little more warmth.

This is for Day 27 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker.com!




I used new Essential by Ellen All Inside by Julie Ebersole. I literally inked it up as soon as I picked it up from the Post Office. I focused in on the sweet sun with a card for my baby girl that I am going to give her to take back to residence tomorrow when I meet her and her big brother for lunch. Meeting them halfway to Sudbury to give ONE of them the suit they forgot to take back up to school after their reading week that is needed for a formal tonight--lol

The images are all coloured with Copic Markers, I did some ombre shading on the word SUNSHINE and the sun is coated with Wink of Stella. Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing!


tracey_Day27


I am also submitting this to this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!





21 comments :

Pam said...

Love this card, Tracey! What a great sun to warm us up, Your coloring is perfect and your baby girl will love this.

Cat Craig said...

Oh wow this is fabulous. I love that yellow frame and your clean fresh image and sentiment combo.

Happy Dance said...

I know Miss B. will love this sweet card! That sun is one cute image, and I love the WoS you've added to him. Great ombre coloring on the sentiment too. Fun card in lovely warm colors! Have fun with the kids! Bev

Karen B. said...

What a happy card! I have to take special trips too, back to the elementary school when one forgets his lunch or the other his signed permission slip...the things we do for our kids!

I Card Everyone said...

I woke up to a gorgeous sunny day today, Tracey! This just gave me a bigger smile! Adorable!! LOve the coloring in the letters!
=]

Kay Miller said...

Oh this is just adorable Tracey! Love that cute little sun and the yellow frame! Perfect!

~amy~ said...

You're an awesome momma. What a fun card!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. totally makes me smile.. I love yellow

Unknown said...

What a bright and happy card!! Love your CAS design!:)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a cheerful looking card Tracey! Thank you for making me smile! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Maria said...

What a fun happy card! Love the face on the sun!:)

Lynn said...

Oh this is so perfect for Brooklyn. Bright and cheery. Love it!

Greta said...

Oh what a fun card, Tracey! Your daughter will love it for sure!

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute, love the sunny yellow and the happy sun!! The things mom's do for our wacky kids!!

Kara said...

so cute!!

Lin said...

That's a great sun, Tracey! I really commend you for keeping up with Kathy's challenge this month - well done! We're glad you shared this one with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nora Noll said...

LOVE the yellow border with the sunshine. It makes it POP. Totally adorable card.

TK said...

Adorably sweet -- love the bright pop of yellows!

Anita in France said...

Brihgt, fun and so cute, Tracey ... LOVE that ombré sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a sweet card, and perfect for the dreary day we're having! Love the ombre effect on the sentiment and all that lovely sparkle on the sun...Thanks for making me smile :)

Joyce said...

This is perfectly colored--so warm, sunny and happy. It think this card could warm the day of anyone who received it, even if they lived in Canada.