April 16, 2014

The Card Concept Challenge #8

cover


Time for another challenge at The Card Concept!
This time we have another theme challenge...




Typically we would need to always have an umbrella on hand this time of year, but Tuesday morning I woke up to 2" of snow--Yikes!  We had some days last week that we didn't even need a jacket and today it is so cold.  Bye bye winter time for you to go.  A get well card inspired by both the inspiration photo and the striped paper pieced umbrella from Sarah Gray's post entered at CASology last week.  After colouring the umbrella several times I wasn't getting the look I wanted. As soon as I saw her bright and cheery umbrella I knew that was what it needed.

I used Weather Through from Fresh Squeezed Stamps and Blooming Marvelous from Clearly Besotted Stamps. Then I used Summer Sunrise cardstock from Papertrey Ink and Seen and Noted patterned paper from Pebbles for my design.


tracey_CC8


Pop on over and see what the rest of the team has for your inspiration!

24 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING that umbrella!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute umbrella.. love the pattern paper.. great card..

~amy~ said...

so sweet Tracey!

Ardyth said...

Love that you captured all the fun of the inspiration, but kept it so CAS!

Linda said...

And here in Washington I was hoping for some snow (in the winter months). I know you have had more than your share.
Lovely CAS card. So cute.

donna mikasa said...

Eeek! I may just have to play along! LOVE your striped umbrella!

Leigh Penner said...

I LOVE your super sweet striped umbrella, Tracey!

Julia Aston said...

Love your striped umbrella Tracey!

Anita in France said...

What a fun, bright and downright happy looking brolly, Tracey ... perfect with the sentiment! Anita :)

Kara said...

Cute little paper pieced umbrella!

Deepti said...

oh yes!! just the umbrella and keeping is all simple.. only u can do ti :)

Lisa Elton said...

CA...ute umbrella Tracey, sweet card!

Jen W. said...

Those stripes are PERFECT for that umbrella and I love the bright yellow cardstock! A totally sunshiny card!

Happy Dance said...

Love this, Tracey!!! I'd love to have an umbrella like that on my deck; it's just so bright and happy. We've had snow too, but "up north", my sister said she got 6"! So glad I don't live there! Blessed Easter. Bev

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty card, Tracey! I love your striped umbrella and sentiment with your lovely CAS design! Love the stitched mat, too!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet umbrella...I want one just like it! I love the stripes and you did a perfect job of paper piecing too. Just too cute.

Sherrie M. said...

You are the queen of CAS. This is great!

Sharron said...

Your paper pieced umbrella is perfect! Love the stripes!!

Unknown said...

Perfection!!! I love the striped umbrella. Flawless CAS design!

Lindsey said...

Super cute! Love the striped paper and the yellow base.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love the paper piecing!

Taunya Butler said...

This card is AWESOME in its simplicity!! Love it!
daisiesgirl.com

Kelly Griglione said...

Gorgeous, the yellow card base really sets your umbrella off well!

cm said...

Your umbrella and sentiment are 'blooming' awesome! Yes,time for Spring to come in our part of the country, too! Snow is starting to fall as I write. Sigghh...good thing I have a few more of your cards to enjoy; spirit-lifting, every one!1
c