March 8, 2013

Muse Challenge #7





This is my first time playing along in the Muse challenge.  
The moment I saw Laurie Willison's card as the Monday Muse I fell in love with it.  




Maybe part of the reason I haven't tried this challenge out before is that I worry that I will just 'copy' the card.  What I decided was this... the Monday Muse is used to inspire us to create a new card based on what we would do the same or different or similar.  The first thing that attracted me to this card were the colours--kraft, white and melon.  So I started with the colours then it looked closer at the other things I liked, the stamping in the corner, the stitched mat and that fabulous border strip.  So for my first run at doing this kind of challenge this is what I ended up with.  I hope that in this CASE, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!  Thanks Laurie for creating such a beautiful card.



All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  Kraft, White, Melon Berry
Stamps: Fancy Folk Art, Think Big Favorite #3
Ink:  Fresh Snow, True Black
Dies: Classic Rectangles Small, Classic Scalloped Rectangles Small
other: Fresh Snow ribbon, foam tape


28 comments :

Joyce said...

Your card is so beautiful. Just as lovely as the original. It was interesting to read your process. I always take these challenges as an invitation to outright copy! But, you are so much more creative.

Annette Allen said...

wow your card is GORGEOUS... great take on Laurie's card... I love it

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is simply beautiful! I love your use of the scalloped edge around your sentiment, such a pretty way to say hello. And your folk art stamp in the background, perfect!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Tracey! Fabulous job with the challenge!

Darnell said...

Beautiful CASE, Tracey! I think a lot of us loved Laurie's card so much that we flattered her by sticking very closely to her original design and your's is beautiful!!

Greta said...

Your take on Laurie's card is wonderful, Tracey!

Neets B said...

Just beautiful Tracey, love it :)

Keke said...

A great card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Tracey, your card is beautiful! I love your CASE!!!

~amy~ said...

**love**

Michelle said...

Tracey, your CASE is different enough and special enough in its own right! Gorgeous work! I love your version as much as I loved Laurie's original. :-)

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey!

Cyndie said...

Oooo, I love it! Another CAS masterpiece from you!

landerson213 said...

LOVE the sleek CAS feel of this card, it's so crisp and fresh! Love that little pop of peach around the edge of the panel and that you used Fancy Folk Art on the corner! Awesome card! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Lisa Elton said...

You ROCKED this challenge my friend, this is PRETTY!!! Isn't white on kraft just divine!

Sarah G said...

Just gorgeous! Love the scalloped border and the great sentiment stamp - wonderful take on the inspiration card!

Kim S said...

I have the same problem - these MUSE cards are each so gorgeous, I want to copy - I can't get my mind around how to simply be inspired and change it up to make it my own. It has worked for you - you pulled the pieces that you love and it's beautiful!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this....these colors are so me!

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card as always tracey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful background stamp, Tracey, love the peach border framing the embossed edge sentiment panel ... a simply perfect CASE of Laurie's card! Anita :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Love the corner stamping. x

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the stamp you used on your background as well as the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Love your card, love that you also wanted to CASE it like me! Imitation is totally a sincere form of flattery!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I know what you mean about the fine line between inspiration and copying but I have to say that you nailed the elements of this card and created your own beautiful version of it! Bravo!

Jean said...

Simply a phenomenal CASE!

Marybeth said...

Its beautiful Tracey! Why change something that already looks so good. Beautiful card!

Darnell said...

I'm back to congratulate you, Tracey, for the well-deserved HM from MUSE for your sensational card!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your HM with your first entry at Muse, Tracey, sooo well deserved! Anita :)