March 19, 2013

CCC #36



Happy Tuesday and time for this week's CASology Cue Card!
The week The Alley Ways Stamps is sponsoring CASology and offering up a prize.  The Design Team is using Alley Ways Stamps for our projects for today's Cue Word:




The song Edelweiss from the musical the Sound of Music was my inspiration for my card the week.  My stamp set that I used is Petal Pushers and I chose the lyrics "Bloom & Grow" from the song. I did a little creative masking to create my sentiment.  When I ran the pinking shears forward and back across the top of my white panel I ended up with a grove in the paper from the die.  So rather than start again I folded the paper to make it more prominent and called it a happy mistake.  Enjoy this memory 






Head on over to CASology today to learn what the 'cue card' means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.


Tracey McNeely (that's me)

Guest Designer:  Melinda

I can't wait to see what SONG means to you!

All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  Kraft, White
Stamps: Petal Pushers (The Alley Ways Stamps) Love & Mariage (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: New Leaf, Winter Wisteria, Harvest Gold, Hibiscus Burst, True Black
Dies: Pinking Shears

27 comments :

Maureen Merritt said...

What a creative way to fix your crease, I have to remember that! Love your happy card.

Lisa Elton said...

Tracey this is cute and springy! We actually watched this movie again not long ago!

Meghan said...

Tracey, I love those flowers. What a creative take on the cue card!

Unknown said...

Great happy mistake. I would have never known. Super cute card..and my all time favorite movie :)

Janet's Joy said...

Such a sweet card. Love the pinked edge!

Jeanne J. said...

I agree - happy mistake - the line looks intentional and adds to the design. Love your happy flowers in the pretty spring colors!

Ardyth said...

This is a great card for a classic song! Love the bright colours on the kraft card base!

Kay Miller said...

What a cute cute card! I love those adorable little flowers and the crease looks like it was meant to be! I would never have know otherwise. I like it! I might add creases to my cards now! haha!

Kara said...

So sweet!! Love how you turned your mistake into something fab!!

Marybeth said...

I have loved that song since the first time I heard it. Very pretty card and perfect for the song!

Suzanne said...

Oh you've worked your magic with these cutie stamps! I popped on over looking for Pattern Play cards - are you in the class? I am loving it. Makes me wish I had been taking more of these all along!

Annette Allen said...

pretty card... Love how you stamped the flowers..

Barb Ghig said...

What a great song to use for your inspiration! I love the spring colors of the blooms and beautiful design!

Judy1223 said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head! "Blossoms of snow, may you bloom and grow..." Love the song and ADORE your card!

Virginia L. said...

I love that song " Bloom and Grow" (my first English song that I learned!). Such a sweet card, Tracey! I love the white background as the images are so crisp and lovely against it! Your details in scoring and edging are perfect touches!

Virginia L. said...

Just realized that the scoring and edging are happy mistakes--FABULOUS!

Sharron said...

Love your happy flowers-great take on the cue word! And how clever that you turned your crease into part of your design--looks like it was intended to be there!

Rosemary said...

this is just so sweet, tracey and i knew right away what song inspired your card!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, and perfect for spring. You picked one of my all time favorite movies, too. Love that you turned a mistake into a design feature.

Renee said...

OMGosh this is one of my most favorite movies ever...
I love that song!!
And I love this card...
it's simply perfect! ;)

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great happy accident, Tracey! Reminds me of the notebook paper die. Super cute card!

Lauren said...

I absolutely love this card- I knew what song you were thinking of straight away as I had many happy hours as a child watching this movie.

Melissa said...

This is so bright and cheery, Tracey! Kind of needing that right now with the lack of spring that is continuing around here! :)
Love the trio of blooms and the pinking shears look!

Jean said...

Love your bright and cheery flowers ~ a very creative way to cover up your crease ~ I would have never known it was unintended!

Jen W. said...

Nice save on the groove - it actually looks really cool! And the sentiment is so perfect. Love that song. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those happy accidents? Love this happy card too, Tracey ... and one of my all time favorite songs from one of my top ten movies! Tanks for the link! Anita :)

Michelle said...

Completely perfect, Tracey! One of my favorite movies, too!