September 14, 2024

Lunar New Year Challenge Mid-Autumn Festival


Hi there crafty friends, I'm so excited to be sharing a card over on the Lunar New Year Challenge blog today. My card is for the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival on the 15th of September. In Chinese tradition and literature, a full moon symbolizes completeness and is associated with family reunion. Why a bunny? Bunnies are considered a companion to the Moon Goddess of course.

I started with a panel of bright blue cardstock, almost a perfect match to Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink which was the first colour I started ink blending in from all four edges but not coming right into the centre! Then I brought Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink onto the panel from all four edges but not in quite so far. I alternated between the two colours until the transition disappeared. I splattered watered down white acrylic paint over the panel to appear as stars and then the panel was set aside to dry.


My moon was created with the Tim Holtz Moon Mask stencils. I cut my moon from ivory cardstock and then stenciled with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink. I spritzed the moon with Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain because of course this moon needs some sparkle! I created a scene where the moon takes over the sky and we see the silhouette of a Lawn Fawn bunny sitting on a hilltop.


The sentiment is the Simon Says Stamp Boho Celebrate die, cut from red glitter cardstock!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I've inspired you to make your own card for the monthly challenge!

1 comment :

Lisa Elton said...

Those little bunny ears in front of that big moon are too cute Tracey! This is a darling card!