May 1, 2024

Color Hues #86

 Welcome back! We have a new colour duo starting today at the Color Hues for Color Challenge #86! Teammate Julie Beech picked a fun colour combination of Lilac & Lime!

I did a little double embossing for this card. I embossing a card sized panel of white cardstock with the Altenew Book Engravings Embossing Folder. Then I added colour to the inside of the embossing folder by ink blending some Catherine Pooler inks (listed below). I added another card sized panel of white cardstock and ran it through my Gemini Jr. I add a little bit more ink over the raised paths of the panel. Then I did something I thought I would never do again, but I fussy cut the flower and some of its leaves! 

I trimmed the first white embossed panel down to have a 1/8" border around the edge of the card front and I attached it. Then I glued the coloured embossed, fussy cut flower over the coordinating part of the white panel.


The sentiment is a Happy Birthday die from Paper Roses that I cut if shiny gold cardstock and the shadow I cut from lightweight vellum.



Thanks so much for stopping in and please have a look at the what the rest of the design team made for this challenge over at the Color Challenge!

8 comments :

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love how you did the double embossing adding color to the 2nd one and fussy cutting it out. Great job.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, Tracey. The double embossing adds such wonderful texture.

Sue said...

Beautiful embossing and colours, perfect for the challenge.

Nancy said...

Tracey, As I mentioned already, I really love this card. The double embossing idea was so smart. Certainly to make anyone feel special on their Birthday! Hugs!

Julie B said...

Your fussy cutting was well worth the effort Tracey. The coloured fussy cut spray looks fab against the white embossed background. :)

Stef Perry said...

Tracey, you are a brave woman to fussy cut that intricate embossed image lol! BUT the result is fabulous with added dimension and color using the embossing folder. So gorgeous and I appreciate the inspiration to try something new!

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey the fussy cutting was worth every bit of effort, this is gorgeous! The double embossing really brings out the flower details. I love the elegance!

Karen said...

This is beautiful, Tracy! The ink blending is lovely, and the double embossing definitely takes this to the next level! Your fussy cutting was worth the effort, for sure.