June 16, 2023

Color Hues #66

We have a new color duo over at the the Color Hues Color Challenge for Challenge #66!

The challenges are zooming right on by and Challenge #66 is the perfect combination to welcome summer! I used the lovely Birthday Blooms from The Greetery, The flowers are so easy to line up for stamping and hug the sentiments beautifully! I stamped using Catherine Pooler Inks in Limoncello, Glitz, Lime Rickey and Eucalyptus! I made a 4 1/2' x 4 1/2" square card for one of my favourite square card loving friends for her birthday!



After I stamped the flowers and the sentiment I cut it with an older (I think retired now) MFT Stamps Scalloped Square. This is one of my favourite dies to use when I make square cards.


I popped up the scalloped square with foam tape and I modified a regular envelope to accommodate my square card. I won't give you the instructions because there were way too many steps and I'm sure there was an easier way to do it--lol!


Please pop over to the Color Hues if you have not been there yet and see the fabulous creations my teammates have made using yellow and green!

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

 

16 comments :

I Card Everyone said...

A beautiful card for your friend, Tracey - could it be Ardyth? lol
I do love that set - especially pretty in yellow and green!
=]

Julie B said...

This looks so crisp and clean Tracey, a fab CAS make. :)

!neke said...

A real beauty !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my, I love the colors and that name - Lime Rickey! Square cards are so special and I love the way these graceful blooms hug the sentiment! Beautiful, Tracey!

Karen said...

I"m very likely to CASE this wonderful CAS card, Tracey. I just love it and haven't given this set much attention in a very long time. It's such a great design and so pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tracey!! I have this set and never think to use it, but it is SOOOOOO pretty! I think I need to just set it out on my desk to remind me to use it!! Lovely, lovely card my friend and just perfect in the challenge colors!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

This is outstanding, Tracey! Not only is it stamped perfectly, but your photos are also awesome too! Well done my friend! Enjoy your weekend with the men in your life and I will be thinking of you! Hugs!

Jeanne H said...

Love your card, the simplicity and colors.

Bobby said...

I love the movement of your graceful flowers and how they surround the sentiment, Tracey. I bet I know who it's for. ;)

Linda said...

Tracey, I love your card. It is so clean and simple and stamped so perfectly.

Stef Perry said...

Square cards can sometimes be a challenge but you certainly filled in that scallop square so beautifully with the delightful flowers perfectly surrounding the sentiment! I have no doubt your friend loved recthis gorgeous card Tracey!

Hannelie said...

A stunning CAS card.... perfectly executed!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity of this, Tracey! It's just as pretty as it can be!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is EXTRA EXTRA clean and lovely... and I thought I already commented, my bad!!

SO very lovely!!!

The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
So INSPIRING!!!

-love it
-Kimberly

cm said...

Tracey, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the square shape and so, too, will Ardyth!
hugs~c

JulieP said...

You my friend do a far better job at lining up stamps than I do. This is gorgeous perfection!