October 16, 2021

Color Hues #28

It's time for a new color another challenge at the Color Hues! I hope you join us for Color Hues #28!

I have always loved these colours together, especially at Christmas time!

This CAS card would be a good choice for mass producing. You could do all the cutting or stamping first and then quickly make the cards using an assembly line approach.

I started off by creating a snowy background with the MFT Paint Splatter rubber cling stamp. I white embossed it on a 5.25 x 4' panel of kraft cardstock. The snowdrifts were made using an older Pretty Pink Posh die set that I trimmed down to the width of the panel. 

TIP: If you didn't have a die for snowdrifts it's so easy to make your own with scissors. Use a piece of cardstock the width of your card depending on the orientation--portrait or landscape. For best results cut in one continuous motion across without stopping so the drift looks more natural

The Christmas trees were cut with a triangle tree die--cut in red, white and gold sparkle cardstock. I added a bit of dimension with foam tape behind the gold tree and the sentiment, The Greetery Sign and Sealed stamp set.


I can't wait to see what you all create but first head over to the Color Hues blog to see the fabulous creations my teammates have made for Color Hues #28!

Have a great day!


17 comments :

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous and oh so CAS-able.

Lindsey said...

I need a paint splatter stamp! This one looks perfectly random... and as though you splattered it yourself. ;) Your card is beautiful!

Joyce said...

Love the simple and graphic nature of this card. One of my fave color schemes, too. And, what a great reminder to me to use that MFT splatter paint stamp I HAD to have!

cm said...

LOVE everything about this card, Tracey! The paint splatter, the snowdrift and, especially, the trio of trees! The gold sparkle...swoon!
hugs~c

Julie B said...

Such a simple effective design, I agree it looks perfect for batch making. I can't believe that the background is a stamp! :)

I Card Everyone said...

'Tis the season! I cannot remember a Christmas when the kraft and red didn't come out to play!
Love your little forest!
=]

Barbara-Jean said...

I really like the simplicity of this card and its vibrancy, too!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card! I just love the pop of gold and that awesome background stamp! What a perfect stamp to have on hand as my splatters never come out well! Awesome job with the colors! I hope you enjoy your day!

JulieP said...

I also think I need that paint splatter stamp. I love the addition of the gold tree.

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE everything about your card, Tracey! The paint splatter stamp is amazing! Gorgeous! Have a great week!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is absolutely stunning!!! Love those fabulous and festive trees.

Cindy Beach said...

This is fabulous, Tracey! I love the clean lines and the glitter of gold adds the perfect touch!

Zoechaos said...

Interesting colour theme this fortnight, Never seem to have time to join in but you have created something really inspiring here. x

Migdalia said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Greta said...

Love the snowy background & the trees! Wonderful card, Tracey!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

such a fun modern card - it would be easy to replicate

thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers

Barb Housner (DT)

cebelica said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty. I love the classy, nostalgic feel. Fab work! xx