May 9, 2021

Rainbow Butterfly

Hi there and Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's visiting here today. I am on the Birch Press Designs blog today sharing a project using a couple of newly released products from Birch Press Design!


The new Rainbow Days Lingo Notes stamp set was starting point for my card. I stamped the rainbow off the card on the left side with embossing ink and white heat embossed it.

I stamped the rainbow on to a full adhesive Post-it Note and trimmed it use as a mask. I masked off the rainbow and then ink blended a sky with Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. Once the blend was done I splattered some diluted white acrylic paint on to the panel. When that was dry I smooshed some Broken China Distress Oxide ink on to an acrylic block with a bit of water and then splattered that on to the panel.

Once the mask was removed I coloured the bands of the rainbow using my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers blending the colours out with a water brush and set aside to dry.

I blended a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock about the size of the butterfly in the Eloquent Butterly Layer die set. I blended on an angle a rainbow of Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. I cut Layer A of the Eloquent Butterfly from Vellum. Layer A has beautiful embossed details on it that look stunning on the vellum. It was glued to the centre of the Layer C ink blended butterfly and set aside.

Now that all the pieces were completed I white embossed a sentiment from the Rainbow Days Lingo Notes stamp set on the top centre of the sky. Then the butterfly was attached to the end of the rainbow on a slight angle.

The panel was attached to a white top folding card base with foam tape for some life and the final touch was to add to pearls to the body of the butterfly.

This was such a fun card to make, a few different techniques with such a pretty end result.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


7 comments :

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey, I love it! Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully put together.

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous card! Hope you enjoyed a Happy Mother's Day!

I Card Everyone said...

A really very lovely card, Tracey! I haven't met a rainbow, or butterfly, I didn't love!
=]

Anita in France said...

Catching up after a couple of weeks away from blogland, Tracey ... and stopped here to let you know what a lovely, delicate, dainty design this is! The slender rainbow colours are gorgeous ... and the butterfly is wonderfully soft and dreamy against it! Delightful! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

This is lovely Tracey! I love the blended colors on the butterfly. Beautifully done!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely stunning....so in love with your beautiful butterfly and wonderful rainbow!