May 1, 2021

Color Hues #17 - Guest Design

Happy Saturday, I  hope the sun is shining were you are!
Excited today to be guesting at the Color Hues Coloring Challenge #17!






 These colours are traditionally bright and bold but you are welcome to use any hues of these colours on your card that you like. I chose to go bright and bold for my card and created a background using the graphic stencils from the April My Monthly Hero Kit. I used Catherine Pooler Inks in Rocket Red and Orange Twist with black as a neutral colour.

The first layer was done using blended using Rocket Red ink on to a white background. Then I cleaned off the stencil turned it a quarter turn to the left and created my second layer with Orange Twist ink. I trimmed the panel down to 5 1/4" x 4" and mounted it with foam tape to a white top folding card base.




The sentiment is from the kit and it was white embossed on black cardstock. Then I stamped and clear embossed three dragonflies, also from the kit, with VersaFine Onyx Black ink on to vellum. The dragonflies were die cut with the coordinating dies.



To finish out the card I added the sentiment with foam tape and then I cut a thin strips of foam tape and added those to the back of the body of each dragonfly.



Now it's your turn!
What are you going to do with these colours?
I can't wait to see your work in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping in today and have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments :

Karen said...

Tracey, what a fabulous design for a two-color challenge! I love everything about it! So happy to see you as Guest Designer!

Cindy Beach said...

It's wonderful to have you guesting with us, Tracey, and what a fabulous design! Your colors pop and I was sure it was card stock at first. Love your bold shades and beautiful stencil work. Gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN, BOLD, and BRIGHT card Tracey...love, LOVE it!! And you totally gave me an idea for my card!! Congrats on your guest spot...well deserved!! Hugs. :0)

Ashwini Rao said...

Tracey, this is such a spectacular card, I just had to come and congratulate you on creating it, and of course, thanks for giving such an awesome inspiration well!

Julie B said...

I love the bold stencil you've used here Tracey, so vibrant in the reds and oranges and the little black butterflies look great against it.
So pleased to have you as our GD for this challenge. :)

SmilynStef said...

Link is broken on the challenge page, but I found the post ... absolutely love how you combined the colors.

Kristie Goulet said...

I absolutely love your card, Tracey! So great having you as guest designer this month!

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on the Guest Desinging. Fabulous card you make those colors sing!

Greta said...

Congratulations, Tracey! Your card is absolutely wonderful--love the design & every element!

Fikreta said...

beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, this is amazing! LOve that fun stencil - and any time I see red combined with orange I'm a happy girl! Pink and orange makes me even happier! lol
Congratulations on your win! xx
=]

Nancy said...

I needed to come by and tell you once again what an amazing job you did with our colors at Color Hues. To say your card is a standout would be an understatement. Love the dragonflies and the bold greeting as well. Thanks for being with us and I truly hope you have a great week! Take care!

Celeste Goff said...

Love the hot colors and the fun, retro geometric shapes!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY, congrats on guesting! Your card is incredible. It's bright and full of fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats on guesting!!! Your card is so much fun, so happy I have the same set as you!

Lindsey said...

What a fab way to use red and orange - the background is so bright and fun! The trio of dragonflies and the sentiment are the perfect counterparts. So fun to have you guesting with us!