June 16, 2020

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #493



A last minute entry for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #493!
I am really trying to get going on my Christmas cards this year so that I don't get caught without enough when the busiest time of the year comes.

I purchased the the Merry Moments stamp set last Christmas and I didn't have a chance to ink it up, so it was kind of fun to pull it out for the sketch. I ended up making two cards because I got lost in the process and where I had set out to use this month's colours along with the sketch...then well you know how it goes! The snow was made with the Snow Drifts Cover die which I think is retired now. The sky on both cards was made with Distress Oxide Inks and splattered with watered down Perfect Pearls and white acrylic paint to mimic a snowy sky!

This first card uses both the sketch and the colors! The sky reminds my of the Northern Lights and the polar and santa are enjoying the view!

tracey_sketch#493a


tracey_sketch#493_sky


This card is the same, just a different sky and just based on the sketch.


tracey_sketch#493b


tracey_sketch#493_snow





Thanks for popping in today and I hope that it is anything but wintertime where you are!



12 comments :

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful, and I think I have already told you how much I love both of them. So fun to play with our bears all together. What's next?

Cat Craig said...

Darling cards for your Christmas stash.

Lisa Elton said...

Two adorable cards Tracey! Your northern lights are incredible!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two simply wonderful cards! Love your sweet bear sitting next to Santa watching the beautiful night sky! A great way to get a head start on Christmas cards!!!

Colleen said...

Fantastic scenes Tracey! I love them both! Your Northern sky is awesome and the bear and Santa sitting there enjoying it all is adorable.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your Christmas cards, Tracey... how fun that these chums who are enjoying an evening of sky-watching - aren't they the luck ones to catch a glimpse of these gorgeous Northern Lights?!
So darling...
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely ADORABLE Tracey! SO cute in fact that I just went and ordered the stamp and die set! How did I ever miss this set last year?!! But anyway, thank you for enabling!! Hugs. :0)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are so SWEET!! I love the bear and Santa and loving the scenes you created!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Fikreta said...

Wonderufl cards!

Crafting With Jack said...

Both cards are great, but having seen the first one -Wow! Love the colours together, it really is amazing. x

Celeste Goff said...

Two adorable cards! I love the ink blending on that first card especially !

Anita in France said...

These are both such sweet scenes, Tracey ... that blended Aurora Borealis on the first is especially brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)