January 17, 2020

Penguin Party


 I have a fun little penguin party today over on the Studio Katia blog. Once the Christmas holidays are over I start to build up my winter birthday card stock supply. My Dad loves penguins so I gave this one to him for his 92nd birthday that happened last week!


I stamped the penguins and iceberg from the Kobi's Ice Day stamp set and then die cut the images with the Kobi's Ice Day co-ordinating dies. I coloured the images with Copic markers with some very simple two-shade colouring. The trees are from the Holiday Village Stamp set and they were cut with the Holiday Village co-ordinating dies, also coloured with Copic markers.



To create my icy water background I swept some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink on to my glass mat and spritzed it with some clean water. Then I swept a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock over the ink on one quick motion.

Once the inked background was dry I attached it to the card base using Studio Katia white foam adhesive. The iceberg, penguins and trees were attached with a combination of adhesive tape and white foam tape.



The sentiment in the bottom right corner is from the It's Your Birthday stamp set and was white embossed on black cardstock. To finish the card off I glued some Iridescent Crystals to the card front and it is done



I hope you have some time to pop over to see my card, also to find out if you were the winner of last week's GIVEAWAY !


Thanks so much for stopping in today!


12 comments :

Cat Craig said...

Your penguins are so cute and what a fun card for a penguin lover.

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card! The penguins are the cutest!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute card for your dad! Happy belated 92nd to him!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those little penguins!!!!

JulieP said...

I’m sure your dad loved this! It’s darling. I do hope though that it is not this cold up where you are!!!

Dawn S. said...

This is such a cute card! Congrats to your Dad on his 92nd birthday!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Tracey! 92? Happiest birthday wishes to your Dad... I'm betting he loves every single card you've ever made him, but this one is extra fun!
=]

cm said...

Awww! What a sweet penguins card for your dad, Tracey! He'll love it, as do I!
hugs~c

Celeste Goff said...

Love this card Tracey! That background with the ink swooshing turned out pretty amazing!

Kim Heggins said...

Big congrats to you Tracey! Just love your sweet ice skating penguins, simply adorable.

Doris knippenenplakken said...

What a lovely card !
Nice white the sweet penguins.
Hugs Doris

Anita in France said...

Oh, these partying penguins are adorable, Tracey ... love how the swoosh of ink has such a great sense of movement ... seems the iceberg is partying too! Hugs, Anita :)