October 9, 2019

Turkey with Gratitude

tracey_turkey_top


I am up on the Birch Press Design blog today with a Thanksgiving card and video tutorial. Thanksgiving is this coming weekend in Canada and I had a few more cards I wanted to get done. I used the Regal Peacock Layering die set to create my turkey who has his head down to the ground picking away at yummy things the grass.






tracey_turkey_feature

My colour scheme used black, dark brown, light brown and gold sparkle paper to be more realistic for a wild turkey. Turkeys are omnivores and will readily eat many types foods. We have several oak trees at the front of out house which stand at least a 100' tall and are dropping tons of acorns! Every part of the lawn is covered in acorns no more that a couple inches apart!




...and look at the visitors I had at my house just to feast on them the other day!




If you have some time I'd love you to pop over to Birch Press Design to say hello!
Thanks for stopping in today!

5 comments :

Birgit said...

All those turkey feathers are fabulous Tracey! We have tons of acorns too. I wonder what that means in terms of the coming winter... maybe it's a sign that we need to store up and go into hibernation ourselves. ;0) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family my friend.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is just FABULOUS!!!!!

Nora Noll said...

This is so clever!! I LOVE how you made the peacock feathers into turkey feathers. FABULOUS card!

Lisa Elton said...

Another fabulous card Tracey!! Don't those turkey's in your yard know Thanksgiving is coming up??!! They better run for cover!!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...just love your wonderful turkey!!!