September 18, 2019

Regal Peacock Slimline Card

tracey_Peacock_cover


I am up on the Birch Press Design blog today with a really colourful card using the new Regal Peacock Layers dies! Before I got started I looked online for photos of Peacocks to help me out in making colour selections for each layer of the tail.

tracey_Peacock_main




Here is a look at the supplies that I used for my card today--cardstock, craft dies and Distress Oxide inks.

tracey_Peacock_supplies


The peacock will fit on a standard A2 size card base but I decided it would be fun to create a slimline card so that the peacock would really stand out! My slimline card is 3 ¾” x 7 ¾” and the inside panel is 3 ½” x 7 ½”.  I began my card by creating an ink blended background using Mowed Lawn, Lucky Clover and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks along with my blending brushes. Once I finished blending the panel I flicked some watered down white acrylic paint on to it. Below is a link to the video I created to show you how I created my card. You can watch it here on my blog or head over to watch it on my YouTube channel HERE, please give it a thumbs up if you enjoy it!



Layer A which is the body of the peacock and the full shape of the tail are all cut from a bright royal blue cardstock. This way the once all the layers are adhered together you will see the tiny dots of blue like you would on a peacock's tail when it's fanned out.

tracey_Peacock_tail


I used two shades of green cardstock for Layers D and C and then layer B which is the top layer I die cut from gold sparkle cardstock which looks just gorgeous!

tracey_Peacock_top


The blended ink panel was adhered to the 3 ¾” x 7 ¾” slimline card base. The peacock was attached to the blended card panel with foam squares to give it a bit of dimension. The sentiment is from the No One Like You stamp set as it was white embossed on the bright royal blue cardstock and added to the bottom of the card with foam tape.

tracey_Peacock_bottom


Thanks so much for stopping by today.



8 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING that peacock!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card & video Tracey! My late SIL was always on the hunt for a pretty peacock to add to her crafty stash. She would have love this one!

cghundley said...

Just beautiful!
Carla from Utah

Cat Craig said...

that is one gorgeous bird. love the bits of gold.

Lindsey said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Darnell said...

Absolutely stunning, Tracey! I also love that gorgeous blended background which is so perfect for her ... so is the sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Vikki H said...

Gorgeous! Your ink blending perfectly shows off the dies!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blending in the background, Tracey ... and a stunning, elegant peacock ... the touches of gold are just fantastic with the blues and greens! Hugs, Anita :)