January 25, 2019

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - January '19

tracey_PTIhop_cover_Jan19


Happy Friday!

I have a card for the January Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! I have not participated in the blog hop for a very long time. I was organizing my studio over the holidays and while going through some of my stamps I realized that I had so many Papertrey stamps sets that I bought because I adored them--so no better time to use them!





I took my inspiration from the colours in the photo and used one of my favourite sets ever--Cutting Garden.  I stamped some details from Fancy Flourishes in my background and a sentiment from Grateful Greetings. The card was finished off with some clear sequins filled with silver Stickles and a generous coating of the ever so elusive clear 'Wink of Stella'. I tried to capture it in my photos but I think it is going to be the recipient that gets to enjoy it!


tracey_PTIhop_Jan19


A closer look at the layering...


tracey_PTIhop__closeup_Jan19


Looking forward to hopping along, the gallery looks beautiful so far!


tracey_PTIhop_angleJan19


I think it's safe to say that everyone is having a chilly day. We woke to a wild snowstorm here this morning and this afternoon the sky is blue and the sun is shining but the winds are strong and it is only -21 C with the wind chill, that is -6 F. Staying in seems like a good idea!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


20 comments :

Marcia Hill said...

We're having a heat wave compared to you Tracey...it's 11 degrees here and just a snowin and blowin! So anyway I'm loving all the warmth of the pink and blue flowers along the hop today, and your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I had forgotten all about the Cutting Garden stamp set and how pretty it is...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Love your flowers, Tracey! Cutting Garden has always been a favorite. Beautiful!

cghundley said...

Beautiful card and
love all those layers.
Carla from Utah

Lee said...

So pretty!! Stay warm!

Julia Aston said...

What lovely blooms to use on your inspired card Tracey! love the flourish and sparkle of the sequins!

Helen F. said...

Lovely card, Tracy ~ the Cutting Garden blooms are just beautiful in pink and blue!
Sending warm wishes your way and hope all the Spring flowers popping up on this hop are helping!

Wanda Cullen said...

Tracey, your florals are absolutely gorgeous! I can never capture the shimmer of Wink of Stella in my pics, but bet it's even more pretty IRL!

Lisa Elton said...

Those big blooms are wonderful Tracey, this is lovely!

Linda said...

Tracey, such a beautiful take on the challenge. Glad to see you on the blog hop.

Jill S said...

This is so well thought out and beautifully made.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Just a beautiful card Tracey! Love those big blossoms in those lovely soft colours. It is bone chilling cold here where I live in eastern Ontario as well so I agree completely about staying in and being cozy. Cheers.

Sharron said...

Those blooms are so gorgeous! That is such a lovely set!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Tracey, those blooms are fantastic.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Congratulations!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Tracey! I always have trouble getting shimmer/sparkles to show up in my photos, as well. You're not alone. lol I can picture it sparkling! :)
Stay warm and cozy!

Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats on being one of the winners!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Tracey
Happy Sunday
I really love the idea that you added that big Flowers in Blue and Pink
adorable take on the Photo Inspiration
see you around sweety I promise to visiting you more often
Sending love and hugs
Monika in Munich

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blooms, Tracey ... the soft colours are gorgeous with the grey leaves! Stay warm in that chill! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Beautiful florals & love the flourishes in the background, Tracey! Good thing you participated this month--congrats on the win! PS--thanks for the sweet comment on my card!