August 18, 2018

Winnie & Walter - Leading Lady Week 3

Here we are back to Saturday once again and I am taking over the Winnie & Walter blog with my Week 3 post as the August Leading Lady.




This week I am focusing my projects on ways that I love to use Distress Oxide inks with my stamped projects! For me I was instantly in love with the properties of these inks and how much fun they are to use and blend together. I use them for blending, for smooshing, for watercolouring and even for stamping.

For my first project I combined embossing with blending to create this card that I made for my husband for today which is our 28th wedding anniversary! I actually made two cards the same but used different ink colours. I started by white heat embossing the hearts from Scenery: Seeing Hearts across the top of my panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I use Bristol Smooth cardstock for most of my Distress Oxide ink projects because of the way the inks blend so smoothly on it and also because it can take a bit of water. After I embossed the hearts I blended my background on the first card with Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Warm Lipstick Distress Oxide ink. As I blended the inks I used clean pieces of white copy paper to hold the paper as I blended so that I didn't get any fingerprints on the panel as I worked.

After a blended the ink I use a clean paper towel to wipe the excess ink off of the embossed hearts. I flicked some water on to the panel and absorbed it back along with some of the colour with clean paper towel so you can see some of the oxidization. My sentiment 'love you' came from the In a Word: Love clear stamp set. It was clear heat embossed with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.




For the second project, with the same design, I blended Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks.  I flicked some water on to the panel and absorbed it back along with some of the colour with clean paper towel so you can see some of the oxidization. Once again my sentiment 'love you' came from the In a Word: Love clear stamp set. It was clear heat embossed with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.




Can you guess which of the two cards that I gave my hubby?

My third and final project was done with my most favourite technique to do with Distress Oxide inks--smooshing. I laid some Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves and Crushed Olive Distress Oxide inks on to my craft mat and spritzed the inks with water. Then I took a 5 1/4" x 4" panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and quickly swiped into through the inks, on an angle, in one pass and set it onto a piece of paper towel to dry. Once dry I stamped my image from Welcome to the Family with Evelyn T. Designs and the tiny 'sweet baby' on to the panel. The In a Word: Cuddles Cutaway was cut three times from white cardstock and glued together for dimension before it was adhered just above the 'sweet baby' sentiment.




I have a  $30 gift certificate for Winnie & Walter gift certificate to giveaway on my blog, In My Creative Opinion. Visit all four of my Leading Lady posts this month and leave me a comment. On September 3rd I will draw a name from all my comments from over the month to win.  You can enter once each week so you could have up to four chances to win...good luck!





I hope you enjoyed learning how I use Distress Oxide inks to created backgrounds for my cards. See you again next Saturday for another Leading Lady post. Have a great day.


46 comments :

Lindarub said...

Love your cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty background ideas! Love your color combos!

Dana M said...

Fun and sweet cards! Beautifully blended backgrounds and yummy colors.

Maura said...

Love, love, LOVE this type of card, your bg is FANTASTIC!!! And the simple sentiment is just perfect!! Thanks for inspiring!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love your backgrounds! Such pretty colors and they
highlight the images so well. I have to try the smooshing
technique. It kinda intimidates me ...

Trina P. said...

Happy anniversary, Tracey! Hope you and hubby are having a fabulous day!
Beautiful cards... and ink blending... and smooshing! Love using DOx inks for these techniques too. x

Greta said...

Wishing you & your hubby a wonderful anniversary--big congrats, Tracey! The card you made for him is my favorite! I love the strong colors & how you divided them! Thanks for the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

love, LOve, LOVE the font of their love set, Tracey... and your gorgeous blended panel - when ARE you going to teach me the tricks? Smooshing I've gotten the knack of - sweet little cuddling critters! xx
=]

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your creation is always spectacular.

pcm said...

beautiful backgrounds!

Dee Earnshaw said...

lovely work - love the sponged background!

Sue D said...

I like the backgrounds you created. I think I need to get some distress oxide inks.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blending on those first love cards, Tracey ... the simple black sentiment really pops against those luscious colours! The smooshie swiping on that adorable cuddles card is fabulous ... seems those warm colours are snuggling up to the sweet image! Hugs, Anita :)

mandalj said...

All three of your cards this week are beautiful! Love the ink blended backgrounds, and the smooshed one too!

Arianna Barbara said...

Both your cards are really cute. I'm in love for the Cuddle one. Too sweet! Fabulous backgrounds!

Isabel Z said...

Your backgrounds add so much to the finished look of the card.

Andrea Hastilow said...

Gorgeous work, your blending is beautiful, the cards are all so fresh & clean looking, glad you got a bit of smooching in on the final card with those adorable animals. Thank you.

Helen Gullett said...

They are fabulous!
I love those distress oxide backgrounds.

Birgit said...

Wow Tracey! Your blended backgrounds on all of these is fantastic! Sweet, sweet cards my friend.

BeverlyBL said...

I like the effect you got with the diagonal smoothing. All 3 cards are so cute and pretty. .

Lori Kobular said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! You did such an awesome job with the distress oxides, the backgrounds are beautiful! I really love the LOVE card!

Mary Holshouser said...

Both cards are great but the
cuddles is my favorite. Just
love the two different animals
being friends. thanks for
sharing. Happy anniversary.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love all three cards from today. It's been such a treat to see what you have created as a Leading Lady.

Lynn said...

So much fabulous color Tracey! These are all stunning!

Stacey Kowbel said...

Such beautiful cards! I love the colour gradients!

Pat said...

The smooshed oxide panel is my most fave of all. Well done this month at Winnie & Walter, Tracey.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Tracey your backgrounds are marvelous!

Barb Ghig said...

Three really beautiful cards, Tracey! Your ink blending is so pretty on the first 2, and I love how you used ink smooshing on the last card...The colors are so striking and I love how it makes your image and die cut sentiment pop! You're doing an amazing job as Leading Lady...can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week :)

Karenladd said...

I haven't even tried Distress Oxide inks yet, but these embossed resist cards are so much fun. Love how you combined the white embossing with black!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love these cards, Tracey! The cuddling critters are SO sweet and fit perfectly with that big bold cutaway cuddles! Love this idea!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous trio of incredibly beautiful cards! Love your stunning backgrounds, so beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!!

{VICKI} said...

great cards
thanks for sharing with us

Jeanne H said...

Thanks for the tips! Very helpful ideas for using Distress inks. I especially love your cuddles card.

Leanne said...

Beautiful cards!!

cghundley said...

Love the inking on
the cards The baby
one is so darling.
I'm betting you gave
him the second card.
Carla from Utah

Janis said...

Beautiful cards!! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. I am going to guess you gave the first one to him, with the bolder colors. Fabulous use of the DOs.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Nora Noll said...

What fabulous cards!! I LOVE the second one. I can NEVER get my inks to look like that. They just flow through the card!!

Cat Craig said...

COngrats again on your anniversary Tracey. Your cards are wonderful. I love the gradations of color.

SHartl said...

I really like the different inks that you used for your background and the cute Hearts scenery stamp image done in white embossing powder. It makes for a darling CAS card design!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

I love you your three cards and the backgrounds. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Jen P said...

What sweet cards! I really love the hearts cascading down on the first one!

McStamper said...

Love your cards. The Cuddles card is so sweet.

sharon g said...

I especially love the CUDDLES card--the animals are just precious!!

Yasmine Omar said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all your blended backgrounds, beautiful colors.

Mary-Anne V said...

What a great variety of cards...the backgrounds are stunning.