July 13, 2018

Watermelon Birthday Wishes



There is something about watermelon in the summer and for me I love watermelon images for summer home decor and crafting projects. Last week I made a watermelon birthday card for my daughter and made it into a gift ensemble using the ingenious card hanger die by my friend Laurie Willison from Soapbox Creations.

I love this die because you don't have to hide your pretty handmade cards in an envelope. You just put it in the slot and it decorates the bag!

I made my card with Papertrey Ink's Watermelon dies and Fruit Stand Sentiments. I started by preparing my background swiping some blue Distress Oxide ink onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock. Then I sponged three colours of  Distress Ink and Distress Oxide inks on to panels of Bristol Smooth cardstock, flicking some water on the panels that I absorbed with paper towel. Once dry I die cut the watermelon pieces. A sentiment was added and then I adhered and inlay the watermelon to the card.




I cut the card hanger die from some blue gingham paper, trimmed the opening and added the card.




Hope I made you smile,
have a wonderful weekend!


9 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those watermelons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Sweet as can be, Tracey! I'm betting that sweet girl of yours loved it, too!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet watermelon card....just about as adorable as Brooklyn! I always forget to pull out that card hanger die, it really looks wonderful in the blue gingham!

Dana M said...

Super fun, fresh and refreshing card! What a great representation of summer. Love the hanger die, so cool to attach your card to the packaging.

Cat Craig said...

That sure screams summer to me. Absolutely darling especially decorating the bag with that frame of gingham.

Joyce said...

Fresh and juicy. This card screams summer, and I love how you have used it to decorate the bag. Hope Brooklyn had a fantastic birthday.

Birgit said...

Sweet! Sweet! I love everything about this cas card. I think I could eat watermelon until it comes out my ears so this card speaks my language. Thanks for the beautiful birthday card too! You're such a dear for thinking of me. <3

Anita in France said...

Fresh and scrumptious, Tracey ... deliciously fun and refreshing! Hugs, Anita :)

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s one super refreshing card ! And just like you, I have something for watermelon images in the summer.
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]