July 30, 2018

Monster Shape Shaker | Jillibean Soup



Happy Monday!
I have another fun card the was posted last week on the Jillibean Soup Bean Talk blog.




The Shape  Shaker program at Jillibean Soup simplifies the task of making fun shaker cards. I thought I would share the instructions on how I made my card.

  1. Sponge some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink on a Shape Shaker Small Circle card base. 
  2. Once dry the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Succulents stamp set was stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black in on the the bottom of the card front.
  3. Splatter some dye ink onto the card base for some extra fun!
  4. Then monster's eye was stamped on the inside of the card directly behind the opening of the card base. Colour it with a blue Copic marker.
  5. Stamp the monster from the Monster clear stamp & die set and then die cut it with the Monster die. 
  6. Use the Monster die once again to cut the shape out of one of the journaling cards on the back of the 2 Cool for School Bite Sized Bits. 
  7. Adhere the cut journaling card on to the Shape Shaker Small Circle card base that I has already been sponged over the opening. Make sure to leave and even space all around the opening.
  8. Inlay the stamped and die cut monster into the journaling card.
  9. To add the shaker component you will need to fill the Shape Shaker Small Circle Insert with seed bead from the Cool collection of fillers.
  10. Remove the baking from the shaker and open up the card base. Place the baking into the opening (you are working with it upside down).
  11. Close the card pressing to make sure the shaker it adhered all the way around.




Hope you enjoying today's tutorial. I have listed the products I used for my card below so that you can make one of these shakes too.


7 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HA!! I love that sentiment!! So TRUE! And loving that monster!!! So fun!!!!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

How cute! I'd welcome all that noise, and even the grass-stains, if I could turn back the clock!
A really fun way to shake things up, Tracey!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

Superb! Jo x

Cat Craig said...

LOL, what a fun card. That definition just made me laugh. This is a keeper.

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... so much fun, Tracey ... a great shaker monster ... and what a brilliant sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so cute!! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is this!! Makes me think of the movie Monsters Inc!