April 9, 2018

Muse Challenge #261

cover1






Happy Monday! Time for new challenge at Muse!


tracey_muse#261


As I write this post today we are having a snowstorm. Definitely not something I expected in April, but not unheard of. Just yesterday I was amazed how much of the snow had already melted and it looked like we were definitely on our way to the spring. So for now I have to experience spring in a card. I used the new Friendly Florals stamps and Happy Spring dies from Neat & Tangled.

When it comes to making dimensional flower arrangements on a card the process is really not that scary. I stamped my images with VersaFine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on Bristol smooth cardstock. I watercoloured my images with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a waterbrush. Once they were dry I laid everything out.

tracey_flowercluster1


Then I placed two of the flower images on my card base because they are going to be in the back of my arrangement. I used the flower spray that I was going to put on top and moved the flowers around until I found an arrangement that I liked. Once I was sure where the bottom flowers were going to rest I adhered them to the card base.


tracey_flowercluster2


Final step was to put some foam tape on the back of the top spray and attach it.


tracey_muse#261closeup


I can't wait to see how you are inspired this week!
Thanks for stopping in.




14 comments :

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely layering, Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card, Tracey! I love how you placed the spray of flowers and your coloring is perfect!
I hope the snow melts quickly again for you so you can enjoy some lovely spring weather :)

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Tracey ... fresh, vibrant and deliciously spring-like! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully arranged Tracey. Love this card, so sweet and hopeful of winter being gone. (We got a few stray snowflakes this morning too)
I hope to play this week.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely layered florals on this pretty card Tracey! Beautiful coloring and clean design!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Tracey, wish I was going to be here to make a card for the Muse challenge can already feel the inspiration bubbling away. But life has me on a journey at the moment that has me taking dad to visit his sister before all his memory is gone. Spring will be there soon, it seems to be lingering with us just a bit longer than usual which is just what I need at the moment. I will send it on its way as soon as I get back hugs Aileen.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely spring card Tracey, such sweet flowers!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

LOVE the card!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Tracey - thanks for the inspiration!

Lucille K said...

Such a beautiful Spring card, Tracey :)

Quillish said...

Thank you for inspiring me with this beauty Tracey. Loved it!

Bobby said...

This is a beautiful card for Spring, Tracey. Let's hope it encourages it to get here sooner than later.

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, didn't even realized you had layered it till I came to visit your blog... Love the fresh colours and the way you've done the sentiment

Izzy Scrap said...

Love your beautiful card ! Stunningly CAS design and so fresh spring colours. Thanks so much for the gorgeous inspiration.