April 25, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #334 Guest Design

tracey_FMS#334cover





I am back again for my final guest design post as the April Guest Designer Freshly Made Sketches

Today we are introducing sketch #334 designed by Amy O'Neill.



It was just the right sketch to use the new to me wish die-namics from MFT Stamps! A simple card to pull off with the help of an old school ruler! To comfortably fit the die on my full width white top panel I need to make the height of it 2". To centre the die I found the centre point and then the centre point of the die, I matched those two points. Once again I doubled checked that there was the same distance on both the left and right, secured it with a piece of post it tape, then cut. The rainbow back panel was cut 2.5" x4.5", get out the ruler again and found my centre point for the width. The rainbow panel was adhered directly to the card base. The top wish panel was adhered with foam tape and done!


tracey_FMS#334


I would like to thank the awesome designers on the team for making me feel so welome this month.


16 comments :

Linda Callahan said...

Wow.....where do this month go? I love this card and my first thought when I saw it was.....why didn’t I think to do that? Love how the patterned paper peeks through the letters! So glad you joined us this month!

Amy O said...

What a fantastic way to use the sketch! And I love that happy, striped paper. This month flew by! Thanks for helping us out this month.

Lisa Elton said...

You've been a wonderful guest designer Tracey! Your final card is amazing, who a fun design!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful card, so inspiring. Love it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card is so pretty!

Jen Timko said...

It has been such fun to have you with us! This card is simply brilliant! What a perfect way to use the sketch! Thanks for being such a wonderful guest!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can hardly believe it's been a month already! Time flies! Love the stripey layer - and what a great idea to use the negative space of the die cut to show it off!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the rainbow goodness!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Your teaching abilities are still very strong, Tracey... what a beautiful lesson today!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

This is just amazing...love your festive birthday card! So much fun.

Joyce said...

Simple card design, and packs a tremendous punch. Love how this one came out.

Sharron said...

This sentiment die is perfect for the sketch and the rainbow paper makes it even more amazing!

lichazul said...

thank you for your comment in my blog
your card is so beautiful
greetings from Chile

Karren said...

Love this card and what a great take on the sketch! Thanks for being our guest for April - your cards have been fabulous!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Ohmygosh oh my GOSH - what a punch you created from just a few items!! I’m putting this on my “inspiration” list!

Aileen said...

Wow so clever, so simple so eye catching. Brilliant