February 4, 2018

The 30 Day Coloring Challenge February 4

traceyballooncover


Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Do you watch the Super Bowl? Go to a party?

Low key day here, Snow had been falling since yesterday, so I am staying in, making a roast for dinner and organizing in my studio. My hubby is busy labeling the breaker panel so lights are going on and off . Super Bowl will be on and we will be wacthing This is Us after the game.

Anyway, back to my card. Another one for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Do you ever over colour an image? I coloured the hippo and I really liked how it turning out but my marker started running out of ink and I had to refill. When I went back to colouring it started to look splotchy in patches so I went over again with the lightest colour and then needed to go back in with the darker shades and then...well too dark--lol! I love this challenge because it really helps me to learn with my successes and failures. This image is one of the early Essentials By Ellen stamp sets, Wish Big. I stamped it yesterday when I got together with some of my crafty friends in Toronto. So I couldn't stamp again and start over.


tracey30DayFeb4




I am also submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.




7 comments :

Shelly said...

Oh, this is too cute!
Enjoy your Sunday, Tracey! :)

Bunny said...

Cute card. I like the hippo. It'll be too late here to watch "This Is Us" so I'll have to be careful that no one spoils it tomorrow for me. Ugh!

A definite Super Bowl watcher here. Go NFC! Although I would have liked to see the Jaguars in there or the Cowboys. [Bunny]

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!

Bobby said...

Bravo to you for sticking to the 30 day challenge, Tracey. I don't have Copics so I can't empathize in that way but I have over colored at times and then wonder why I'm not happy with the card. Hippos are dark gray so he looks fine to me.

Lisa Elton said...

Sound like the kind of day my hubby and I would share, low key just being together! Cute card. I've done the same thing with coloring. Or I put it aside for a bit then go back and screw it up LOL!!

Melissa Bove said...

Another fabulous card Tracey! Such a sweet image! Love this CAS design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Anita in France said...

A CAS cutie, Tracey ... this little balloon toting hippo is bound to raise a smile! Hugs, Anita :)