August 17, 2017

SugarPea Designs August DT Feature

SPDAugDTcover


I am up on the SugarPea Designs blog today for my monthly feature post. I created a fun card using all of the camping products that were introduced in June. They bring back such happy memories of all the camping trips we took with our kids when they were growing up.


tracey_DTFeatureAug

I started by die cutting the fabulous Lantern SugarCut out from red cardstock. I sponged some Pumice Stone Distress Ink on to a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and then I die cut the hook and the vent from it and paper pieced in on to the lantern. The colour look's just like oxidized metal giving the lantern an authentic appearance. A sentiment from RV There Yet was embossed in gold on the base of the lantern. I curved the the sentiment on to my acrylic block so that it would mimic the shape of the lantern. The lantern was adhered to a white top folding 4 1/4" x 5" card base. Then I used the lantern die once again to cut a piece of paper from the Happy Camper Patterned Paper collection and then paper pieced it inside the lantern. The camper and the camp fire were die cut from cardstock using the Camping Icons SugarCut dies and placed inside the lantern with tape runner and foam tape. The final finish to the card was to add a gold embossed sentiment from the Easily A'moosed clear stamp set to the upper left of the card base.

 

 
All products are available at SugarPea Designs.

Thank you so much for joining me today!



11 comments :

Anita in France said...

What a great little scene, Tracey ... your detailing in every respect is awesome! Hugs, Anita :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo fun! LOVING that scene you created in the lantern!!!!!!

Cat Craig said...

How genius to set up your scene in a lantern, reminds me of a very clever take on a snow globe. Love it.

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my gosh Tracey, your card is AMAZING! What a fantastic scene you have created! WOW! What an awesome job!

Maria said...

Oh, my goodness!! What a fabulous campy birthday card! Love the lantern and the wonderful camp scene! Such a great card, Tracey...love it!!!

BeverlyBL said...

What a cute, clever idea. Love it and I am NOT a camper.

Lisa Elton said...

Holy guacamole Tracey, this is amazing!! Putting the camping scene inside that adorable lantern was such a great idea and perfectly executed!

Annette Allen said...

I soooo... love this. that little camper is too fun

I Card Everyone said...

OUTstanding design!! you are so clever, my friend! xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey....this is just too darn cute. Love your wonderful camping scene, looks like it would be fun to camp with you!

Darnell said...

Oh, now, this is just amazing as a die/stamp execution, Tracey! What fun memories this brings back of the old Coleman lantern and Coleman pop-up camper we used to have! The only thing you missed was me, the Mister, and little Dan looking out the window! And let's not forget the black and yellow labs! Thanks for the memories!! Hugs, Darnell