July 27, 2017

SugarPea Designs July DT Feature

IMG_3009


I am up on the SugarPea Designs blog today with a project that would be perfect to send as happy mail this summer!

tracey_DTFeature

I started by smooshing a watercolour panel into some Distress Oxide ink and set it aside to dry. Then I die cutting the second largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles SugarCuts and I stamped three ice cream cones from the Summer Scoops clear stamp set. I started by stamping the first cone in the centre of the die cut and then I was able to evenly spaced out the cones on each side of it.  I added my sentiment underneath the cones. The watercolour panel was adhered with foam tape, the stitched rectangle was adhered on top with tape runner. Finally and I added a few various sized sequins filled with silver Stickles.

tracey_DTFeaturedetail


 


Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope I inspired you to make something sweet!



6 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

What a sweet card, Tracey! Love those yummy ice cream cones in pretty colors! It makes for a perfect summer card!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Tracey ... those sprinkled ice cream cones just look delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

Yum! Nothing quite like ice cream in the summertime, is there?! These are definitely sweet! Love the watercolored panel behind your focal panel, too. What a great card. Hope your YKWs are gone. Mine left yesterday after "only" 10 days... So much fun, eh?! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

This is a delightful summer card Tracey! The only thing that could possibly make it better would be if one of those cones had a big scoop of chocolate!!

Kim Heggins said...

Such a sweet card...love your wonderful trio of ice cream cones.