February 10, 2016

Create Together with Marcie Sharp

IMG_9577


My friend Marcie Sharp, Sharp Designs, has started a great new feature on her blog called Create Together. Marcie is a very talented card designer and you can see her gorgeous creations over on her blog.  Basically Create Together is a creative collaboration of card designers. We each created an unfinished card based on the same inspiration photo and then mailed it to one another. The task, once received, was to complete the card however we wanted. Then on the same day 3(today) we each post our completed card! Now how fun is that!




Here is the inspiration photo we used...



Isn't that the coolest watch?

The unfinished card that Marcie sent to me had beautiful flowers stamped in the colours found on the watch band, a small strip of gold washi tape along the bottom and gold spray ink spritzed on the card base. It looked perfect as she sent it but up for the challenge I added some of my own twist to finish it off. 

I sponged some pink Distress Ink to the top left and bottom right of the card base. Then I stamped my sentiment in pink to thge top right. Finally I die cut and gold matte embossed a butterfly, bent the wings and adhered with some foam tape for dimension. I hope Marcie likes the completed card.


tracey_Marciecolab


Thanks you Marcie for thinking up this brilliant idea! I hope we can do it again. Pop over to Marcie's blog to see what she did with this unfinished card I sent to her.

tracey_mycolab


24 comments :

Lynn said...

What a great idea! Love, love, love how you were inspired by the watch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING those flowers and the butterfly!!!!

Marcie Sharp said...

I love how you finished my card! ❤️ I felt the same way; there was hardly any work to do when it came to finishing yours. Thank you so much for cardmaking with me this week. :)

Karen B. said...

What a cool idea! I love your finished card... the butterfly pops!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous idea, and gorgeous cards, Tracey! Though I must say there isn't much left to do with your pretty card!
=]

Joyce said...

What a fun game you played with Marcie. I love the card you made.

Lindsey said...

This is such a fun idea! And while both cards looked great as you sent them to each other, I really love how you each finished them to perfection.

Annette Allen said...

you ladies rocked this card.. totally gorgeous..

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun idea and what a PRETTY card!

Sharron said...

What a fun idea! You both did a beautiful job finishing your cards. Love your pretty butterfly!

Kristie Goulet said...

What a fun idea! I love your finished card! So pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a fun idea to finish each others cards, love the extra touches you added to Marcie's card, and hers to your card!!

Maria said...

What a fun idea with Marcie! The watch is so pretty to be inspired by! Your card is so pretty with the pink, red, and touch of gold with the lovely butterfly! And, how sweet to send your beautiful cards to one another!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a great challenge! Love the inspiration piece and your card!

maria f. said...

Yep cool watch. Cool card too - love your butterfly center stage.

Kim Heggins said...

Beeee-autiful card Tracey and how nice of you to use the watch of my BFF Kate Spade as your inspiration piece. I need that watch...it is almost as gorgeous as your card.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun idea, and your card is so pretty! Adding the shading and butterfly really makes this card so special, Tracey...I love it!

~amy~ said...

beautiful!!!!

Helen Gullett said...

This is so beautiful, Tracey! I love those flowers :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! What a cool idea! I love the spring-time look of your card. The gold butterfly complements the flowers perfectly!

Anita in France said...

What a fun idea, Tracey ... you finished those sweet blooms beautifully with that delicate butterfly and soft sponging ... perfect with that sketchy look!

TK said...

What a beautiful sponged background behind those amazing die cuts!

Kay Miller said...

Oh this is just beautiful!! Those flowers are so pretty and that gold butterfly is pure perfection!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fun concept! Love the addition of the gold bits, Tracey! Such a beautiful creation!