November 6, 2015

CASology - Craft Space Tours

If you are looking for the 25 Days of Christmas Tags post for today. It is below this post.

If you have been following along at CASology for the past few weeks you know that two of the design team have been sharing a tour of their craft rooms on Thursday and Friday.

Today is the day that I am taking you on a tour of my craft room.
Many of you know that I moved in the summer and it has taken me sometime to get my crafty space into order. You are getting a tour of  my work in progress. This room is going to be renovated this winter, so everything is moving out again so that we can get rid of the stucco ceiling, add pots lights, close the ensuite off from the room and open it up to the hall as a powder room, paint the walls and rotate all the desks to the right one turn!



To describe my craft space would be functional, uncluttered and organized. I like to have everything accessible but not messy. That is the only way I can create. All my furniture is Alex from IKEA. I do most of my creating along the wall under the two lamps. I have my score board, craft mat, Big Shot and tool carousel on the desk. The rolling cart under the desk, I use to keep some files (yes this is sometimes a home office) and the drawer unit on the right end is where I keep the supplies that I reach for most often. Sam also has a bed under my desk that he sleeps in while I craft to keep me company.


My Pottery Barn carousel was one of my first crafty gifts from my hubby and I keep the tools that I use most.



Top drawer is where I keep my black inks, VersaMark and my adhesives.


Second drawer has my Papertrey and Altenew inks, my MFT ink is in the middle drawer on the rolling cart under the desk.


The third drawer has my foam blending tools, embossing pastes, spray inks, Stickles, Glossy Accents, Multi Medium Matte and Gelatos.


The bottom two drawers have my small paper trimmer, mini score board, label maker and cleaning supplies. They were not pretty to look at so I didn't take pictures.

The side desk has my Foldio and my new Scan N Cut 2 on it and the tripod is usually set up in front.


The other side of the room is where I keep all my stamps, dies, papers and other supplies.


I am in the process of reorganizing my stamps and dies to be together. I used to keep them separately but it is much easier to keep the dies with the stamp set they coordinate with sorted by manufacturer and then theme. I keep the stand alone dies there too. I use the Jennifer McGuire style method of storage using clear pockets and Fridge Binz. The dies I have on magnetic sheets behind the stamps or in pocket on their own.

I store my cardstock by colour and label the first sheet with post it tabs with the manufacturer and the colour name. This is Michelle Short style!  My white shoeboxes are labeled with their contents--twine, jewels, die cuts, jingle bells, scrapbook supplies, cards I have made. I keep my 6 x 6 patterned paper pads in wire bins on the shelf.

In the closet I keep  my woodblock stamps, Distress Inks and all my 12 x 12 cardstock and patterned papers.


The Last item that I wanted to share is my Rascog cart! I love mine and always love to see what others keep in their cart! My cart sits in front of three Alex cupboards that I keep my printer paper, stickers, camera lenses and chargers in.


I keep envelopes, stamps and dies that I haven't put away yet, journaling cards, small stamp sets, my mini distress inks, embossing powers, envelope score board, Project Life cards, my ZIG Color Clean Real Brush Markers and my MISTI on the cart.


I did a craftroom tour back in 2013 HERE. I will do another once the renovations are done. Thanks for dropping in today and have a wonderful weekend.

62 comments :

I Card Everyone said...

I still feel so lucky and honored to have 'played cards' with you in your former craft room, Tracey ... which was neat and organized to a T. This one makes me wish for that 'Samantha' magic, wiggling nose! You'll give us another tour after-reno, right? Lovely!
=]

Kay Miller said...

Wow Tracey! What a dream room! It's so nice, organized and big! I want to come play at your house! :)

~amy~ said...

Will you come over and help me organize?! I love your new space Tracey!

LauraJane:) said...

Oh! Gorgeously bright work space Tracey:)
I really need you to come over and help me organize my crafty stash! My drawers look like the aftermath of a Tsunami!

Annette Allen said...

what a fabulous craft room..

KT Fit Kitty said...

So neat and organized - I love your space!

Linda said...

Love how organized your craft room is. Thanks for the tour.

Bobby said...

What a wonderful space as is, Tracey. I can't imagine it being better with the renovations. I just wish I had that much room. I'm fairly organized but I have to include all my sewing paraphernalia in my room, too.

Ardyth said...

Love seeing the progress you're making! Can't wait to see the 'finished' view in real life some time!

Brandi said...

Love your craft room! Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Great craft room! Love all the table space to work on :)

Maureen Merritt said...

I love your space Tracey. It's so neat and organized, the only way I can create too. I need a big desk like that one! I've had my eye on one that you can adjust the height (I stand and lots of back aches after a crafty day.) but I need room to spread out!!! Oh, the decisions. Thanks for your tour!

Marybeth said...

Love your new room Tracey! Very clean and organized ! I keep my dies with the sets now too ,so much easier!
I'm a guessing Foldio I'd for taking photos? Thanks for sharing your beautiful space!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous craft room, It's so organized, have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jeanne J. said...

Looks heavenly Tracey. Yes.. very clean and organized! Lots of yummies in sight!

Joyce said...

I feel like I just got to visit you in your craft room. Wow, I cannot believe how organized you are. So very impressive. Your space is wonderful, and now I can see where you create so many masterpieces.

Nancy said...

Love it now and can't imagine how it will look after the remodel....looking forward to seeing it then too! Thanks for sharing!!

Lindarub said...

Love how organized wish I could organize my crafts but life gets in the way.

Vickie Z said...

it's wonderful Tracey!! So organized... I too LOVE the Ikea Alex and have several shelves and tables set up!! Haven't bought the Rascog card- still carpet in my room and thinking it wouldn't "roll" well!!

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful room, I can only wish my room could be so organized, but it will never, I mean NEVER happen. LOL I'm just a messy crafter. Thanks for sharing.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I want to move in with YOU!!! SO cleantastic!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

A girl after my everything in it's place loving heart!! Looking forward to future photos after the make-over!!

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I have to say how much I love all the brightness in your craft room...WOW! I'm also really impressed with how neat and tidy you are! Loved seeing your space, and I can't wait to see the changes after the reno...sounds amazing! Thanks so much for the tour :)

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your space Tracey! So neat and organized. I love your desk!!!

Shelly said...

Wow oh wow! If only had a space like this!! ;) Such an AMAZING space you have!! Love it! And you sound a bit like me with having to have a 'clean space' to create! ;)

Susanne Vargas said...

I enjoyed the tour of your neat and organized craft room! If only mine would look like this! Thank you for sharing!

Sharron said...

Looks like a dream space for your crafting! You are so organized. Thanks for sharing the tour!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very nice craft room, Tracey, love how organized you are!

Rahmat said...

Lovely space Tracey, even with renovation going on, it is pretty organized, I have to agree with you, I need a neat place as well to craft. I cannot craft if there is a mess. Neither can cook, my kitchen is also in pristine condition when I am cooking, my kids hate to cook with me..lol.

Peanut said...

Gosh! Everything looks sooo organised. Can't wait to see the renovations. :)
hugs Asha

Michelle said...

Tracey, I am so envious of your big, beautiful, and organised space! One day I will get a dedicated space for myself, and in the meantime I will admire yours! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you are amazingly organised, Tracey! Absolutely love your space and your two lights! My craft space suffers from poor light at night, which can make things a bit difficult! My dream is to have a space of my own (and a bit more stuff), but with a young family, I think that's a way off!! Love all the inspiration you offer though! I will know who to call when I get to that stage! ;)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a wonderful and bright space you have Tracey, I love the fact that you have everything out in the open and in it's proper place. I need to see what I have so I know what I have or else, I'll be probably buying duplicates.
I'm also in the process of organizing my clear stamps by theme or season, I'm just waiting for those clear pockets that Jennifer McGuire use to arrive.
Thank you for sharing your space with us, hope you show us how it looks like after the remodel.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see it again after the remodel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Is it wrong to be jealous???
Wonder if you will keep to the green theme? I personally LOVE that colour :)
Although jealous, I am very happy for you :)
Such a beautiful, well organised space... X

Susi said...

Looks like one amazing, crafty space, Tracey, and so UNCLUTTERED!!! I'm in the midst of doing holiday cards and my room looks like a tornado hit it (only temporarily, as I like my space clear & tidy too!). Thanks for the tour - can't wait to see the reno version.

Unknown said...

Your space is wonderful! In the picture of your carousel there is a small tri-pod, is that a light? If so, that would be awesome to have. I always have shadow problems when I'm coloring. I would love to know where you got it if that is what it is.
Thanks for sharing your organization skills! Sherry

OH Babs said...

Neat, organized, and just the way I like it. I love the space for your fuzzy friend. Thanks for sharing and hope you had a great birthday. Barb R

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! Awesome room!! Wish I could get that organized!!

Helen Gullett said...

Your craft room is so neat! Great organizatio :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Everything looks so neat and organized. I'm looking forward to seeing what it all looks like once the reno is done!

Lindsey said...

For a work in progress, it looks very organized! And like a great place to create.

Shona Chambers said...

I would move into your craft space in a heartbeat, even without a renovation!! Its so spacious and beautifully organised. Its a real dream!!

Anonymous said...

That is probably the most clean and neat craft room I have seen yet!

Karen Dunbrook said...

You are so lucky! My space is a little nasty hole in the basement wall....

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, your crafting space is amazing...perfect!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Please tell me that it only looks this pristine because you were taking pictures. Please? (she asked, feeling wholely inadequate and a slob). LOL Beautiful room!

Rubeena I. said...

Ahhhhh I love your craft room!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful space, Tracey! Even better now that you found your lost bin! Such great organization!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...I love seeing your wonderful crafting space. It is so well organized and you have so many fabulous goodies to play with too. So inspiring!

TracyM #6773 said...

SO NEAT and ORGANISED!!!
What a WONDERFUL creative space - THANK YOU for sharing it with us!!!

Hussena said...

Absolutely love your crafting space.... it's so well organized 😊

Anita in France said...

This is a work in progress???? Tracey, it's wonderful ... what a fantastic space ... all so beautifully organised ... love it! Hugs, Anita :)

Maureen Hayes said...

I love the way you have things so organized in your room. I'll bet it will be even more beautiful after you get through the renovations, I can't wait to see the tour then. Will you do a video, or pictures? Thanks for showing us around, I love my Alex drawers and my Raskog cart and wouldn't be without them either.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey!! I love your space. Its so pretty, nice and clean. I also love your long table and those lamps are awesome. You have a great space, super roomy. I hope one day I will have something similar. Nicely done.

Jinny Newlin said...

Swoon! What a fantastic space with so much fabulous storage! TFS! Can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Lindsey said...

Oh, how I love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

Your room is amazing! Color me very jealous, so I think that means green. Ha!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, such a fabulous craft room!! Surely you find anything quickly !

I'm a Little Teapot said...

My word, your craft room is so organized, neat and tidy. I really like it!

Lynn said...

I am very late to commenting on this, but your space looks amazing Tracey! Tell James it is very tidy! Would love to spend an entire week here crafting together!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Tracey
Yoour carfting space is neat and nice.
I am a new crafter and loves to look at how youll organise so that i can copy those methods. Blessinsg to you