March 18, 2015

The Card Concept #31

IMG_7660


Ready for another challenge at The Card Concept?
We have a yummy photo inspiration up on the blog today:




I went with the obvious for my card this challenge. I have had this Hero Arts cling stamp for a few years now and I love how fun it is to colour. I was inspired by the raspberry pink and red and my cupcake is decorated using those colours. I went over all of the colouring after I was done with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  In the detail photo at the bottom I managed to actually capture to shine with the camera on my phone because my DSLR doesn't seem to be able to--LOL


tracey_CC#31


detail...



Hoping that I will be able to sleep tonight, like the night my daughter was flying 7 000 km over the ocean (4 400 miles) she is on an overnight ferry crossing from Pompeii, Italy to Patras, Greece. She is halfway through her trip. I have been getting (brief) nightly updates via texts which have been wonderful. She is having a fabulous time soaking up the culture, the history and the amazing food.

21 comments :

Alanna said...

What a fun cupcake. I love the touch of glitter. Glad you've been able to hear from your daughter as she takes this trip.

I Card Everyone said...

Such a yummy looking card/cupcake.. why are you trying to make me hungry again? Happy to hear updates on Brooklyn's travel... and amazing food!!
=] Michele

Unknown said...

Soo Sweet!!! I love me a cupcake card!! Lovely Tracey!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the glitter hearts Tracey!!

~amy~ said...

delish card!
I bet your girl is having sooooo much fun!

Kay Miller said...

How adorable Tracey! That's a cute cupcake!
So glad to hear your daughter is having a good time! That sounds like an amazing opportunity and adventure!

Joyce said...

This card is so big and fun. Love that giant cupcake and the way you colored it.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is a cute cupcake, sweet card Tracey!! So happy to hear Brooklyn is giving you nightly updates, good girl!! I have always wanted to go to Greece!

Lisa Lara said...

YUM! That card makes me so happy Tracey.

Shelly said...

YUM! Love your cupcake card!
Glad to hear your daughter's having fun!

cm said...

So wonderful to hear that your daughter is enjoying her trip and that you'll be able to get some sleep! Already half-way through, though...oh, how time flies! Your cupcake...delicious! Craving sparked...
Hugs~c

Annette Allen said...

yay for your daughter.. i am so glad she is having an awesome time. Europe is amazing..

This card is adorable.. love the big cupcake.

Kara Lynne said...

I'm so glad your daughter is having a great time! Your fun cupcake card is CAS and adorable!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super sweet! Love the yummy cupcake and fabulous one layer design!

Barb Ghig said...

Love this cupcake and how you added sparkle to your hearts and 'sprinkles'! Such a fun birthday card, Tracey!
So glad Brooklyn is having fun on her trip...hopefully, you'll be able to get more rest knowing that she's having such a great time :)

laurie said...

What a fun card..love the touch of glitter!

Jeanne J. said...

I love that close up with the glitter on that big cupcake! Prayers for your daughter too! A trip of a lifetime!

Sharron said...

Such a fun and happy card--love the jumbo cupcake! Glad to hear you are getting little reports from Brooklyn. Bet she is having an amazing trip!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this big cupcake and the sparkle you added!

Deepti said...

I like that the cupcake is so huge :) and love the shimmer on those hearts !

Anita in France said...

This cupcake would be perfect with the coffee I'm just drinking, Tracey ... big and sparkly and so yummy! Delighted to hear Brooklyn is enjoying her trip so much! Hugs, Anita :)