March 6, 2015

Tag you're It Challenge #16 Reminder - CASE or Copy

Some times a CASE is easy, you see a card or inspiration and you just immediately know what you want to do. Usually it is one or two elements in he design that sparks your interest and then you just make it your own. That is usually the way it is for me, but sometimes you see a card and you just plain and simple want to make an exact replica of it. Once that happens it is almost impossible not to do it. It is even worse if you have all the ingredients at your fingertips! That is what happened to me when I saw Marybeth's tag that we are using this challenge at Tag You're It! I loved her design, her colour scheme and that fabulous Waltzingmouse stamp set!  So I had to really try to make it my own but that urge is powerful. So how to break the mindset?

Walk away and give it a few hours, a day, a couple days and then without going back to look again think about the things you liked about it, think about things you can use of place of the original, substitute an element or two or all. Create a sketch and then use the sketch as your inspiration--there are many things you can do.



The things that I really liked were the colours, the flowers and the way the flowed off the card. So I grabbed my inks--SU Night of Navy, Real Red, Cherry Cobler and PTI Classic Kraft and this is what I came up with...


26 comments :

Tracy Ercole said...

I so love this tag Tracey. Beautiful colours and I love the shape you chose.

Kara said...

love this pretty color combo!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the flowers!!!!

Susi said...

With Spring only just 2 weeks away, and temps finally into the PLUS category coming, your tag is not only timely, it's LOVELY, Tracey. Striking colour choices too.

I Card Everyone said...

Well it's perfect! I mean perfect!! Oh and thanks for the reminder on who had the "sprinkle" challenge =] =]

Maria said...

What a beautiful tag with those pretty flowers! Love the color combo, too!

richardbreaks said...

I think you got it exactly right.

Leigh Penner said...

I don't blame you for wanting to reproduce her card exactly, Tracey -- it's gorgeous!
Your tag is fabulous my friend! You always rock the RC!

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful tag.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great tips and a beautiful tag! Love the Americana palette!

cm said...

Stunning...knock-it-out-of-the-park stunning!
Hugs~c

Kay Miller said...

I loved Marybeth's tag the first time I saw it, so I can understand wanting to CASE it! You did a wonderful job and yours is equally gorgeous! Now I want to make both! haha!

Bobby said...

Beautiful take on Marybeth's card, Tracey.

Annette Allen said...

WOW this tag is stunning.. LOVE those flowers and what a sweet saying.. love this

Shelly said...

Your tag is gorgeous, Tracey! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...this is just so beautiful. I love your sweet tag and those flowers are so pretty.

Lisa Elton said...

Love those little flowers, this is cute Tracey!

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Tracey ... such a gorgeous little tag! Thanks for the tips on stepping away from a copying urge ... fab ideas! Anita :)

sandie said...

I like you take on how to CASE a card Tracey, I will try that. It sure worked for you here, love off the edge look. Thanks for joining Ink

Teresa Kline said...

precious tag! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Joyce said...

Your tag is just as gorgeous as Marybeth's. Love your little flowers and the kraft, red and navy color scheme is a real winner.

Darnell said...

You are the Queen of Tags in Blogland, Tracey, and this is why! Your interpretation of Marybeth's gorgeous tag is flawless and outstanding! That is really excellent advice, too, and well-said!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...

I love your take on my card,Tracey! Walking away is the best thing and I do it often when things are not coming together . I love your little cluster of beautiful flowers! I'm so glad you made a tag .

Shauna said...

Wow... this is a stunning tag! I like the scalloped bottom and bold use of color. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Barb Ghig said...

Great advice, Tracey...Thank you! I love the tag you chose and your flowers are just beautiful! Love how you used Marybeth's color palette, too! Gorgeous tag!

Jeanne J. said...

Perfect take on Marybeth! This is so pretty and clean with the perfect sprinkle of sequins! YUM!