November 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Boho Bright

IMG_6823


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo credit:  chezboheme.com

We have a new sponsor, Verve Stamps, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Boho Bright!  A randomly selected participant in the Boho Bright challenge will receive a $30 gift certificate to use at  Verve Stamps, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!

For my card I embossed the flower image in white on white cardstock panel. Then using colours inspired by the photo I watercoloured over the flower. Once it completely dried I stamped the verse using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I trimmed a piece of royal blue cardstock slightly larger than the watercolour panel and adhered to the card base.  A few sequins and done.


tracey_boho


Surely Goodness


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Boho Bright for the challenge details and to play along with us!



I am also submitting this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!

21 comments :

Alanna said...

How beautiful. I love the water coloring and how it looks with the crisp black sentiment.

~amy~ said...

Tracey, such a pretty card, I ADORE the color wash!

Marisa said...

Wonderful colour wash :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the watercoloring over the embossed flower - creates a great image!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Moe...I love the soft water coloring against the more vibrant blue.

Lynn said...

Bahhh...ignore my last comment or interchange Tracey for Moe! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity of this Tracey and it's feminine too!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the water colours!

Sharron said...

Beautiful--love the colors and the watercoloring!

Becca Cruger said...

People who can create such beautiful one-layer cards have my deepest admiration. I wish I had talent for that, but unless it's layered and then layered again for good measure, I can never create something I like.

Great design work!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your embossed flower over your color wash Tracey.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that color washed background with the white heat embossed image. So pretty Tracey.

Maria said...

Very pretty card with perfect verse!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous! Love the emboss resist!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Tracey ... the flower is gorgeous against the soft watercolouring ... and what a wonderful verse! Anita :)

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful, Tracey! Love your water coloring and pretty sentiment.

DIANA L. said...

Pretty I like the watercolor effect. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I like how you toned down the bright colors just a tad by using watercolor.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Love that watercolored background.

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! The watercoloring looks so nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Perfect card for this challenge, love the water colour!