October 21, 2014

CCC #118

IMG_6786


Happy Tuesday and time for this week's new CASology Cue Card.
This week our cue is:





What I am seeing everywhere are homes all dressed up for trick or treater's. So I broke out my new Simon Says Village dies that I purchased originally to make cute white houses and turned my house to a spooky haunted house. The die easily cuts all those tiny windows so I die cut one is yellow and one in black. Then I carefully slid the yellow house off my Big Shot so that the windows did not come out.  The dies do not cut the bottom of the images giving you options for landscapes.  I chose to cut them off for my design. I put a piece of scotch tape on the back of the yellow house to hold the windows in place. Then after poking out the windows of the black house I glued the two together giving the glow. I die cut my hill and then taped it down to the grey background before die cutting the square, Then I stamped the bats and sentiment before adhering the die cuts with foam tape.


tracey_CCC#118



Tracey McNeely (that's me)



Registration Opens on Thursday!

23 comments :

KimCreate said...

Oh this card is great! These house dies are on the way to my house as I write! Hadn't thought to use them for Halloween. Why not! So cute.

Kim S said...

LOVE those glowing windows!

Joyce said...

Such a cute and spooky scene. Thanks for the tips on getting those windows to glow.

Susanne Vargas said...

This little scene is so adorable! How versatile those houses are! Thanks for sharing your trick about the tiny yellow windows!

Ardyth said...

Love this - the 'lit up' windows are perfect! My friends and I all love this!

Meghan said...

Totally adorable Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

Eeeek this is too stinkin cute!! Love the flutter of bats and your house turned out sppoktacular!!

Lisa Elton said...

spooktacular!!! It's not a real word but I had to come back and spell it right LOL!!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun Halloween card.. those little bats are too cute..

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! This is stunning!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super cute!!!! Love the windows! B

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those glowing windows!

Rahmat said...

Tracey, first I thought that you had used the inlaid die technique for the windows, but after reading through,I can see the yellow panel, great idea, and a very nice card.

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Tracey! I love how you created your spooky scene and still kept your card CAS! Awesome color combo, too!

~amy~ said...

So cute tracey!

Colleen said...

LOVE this card! A perfect Halloween card...simple, clean and oh so sweet!

Shelly said...

ACK! Love this!!!

Marybeth said...

I love this card! I do the tiny pieces the same way, its one of those things that you just sorta figure out. You are the queen of CAS , and that is not easy.

Sharron said...

Awesome Halloween design! I love the grey & black with the glow from the windows. As always, a fabulous CAS card!

Melissa said...

Okay, I must say I LOVE this card, Tracey! The black and grey are fantastic together and the spooky windows are such a great pop of color!!!

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, what a fun haunted house! I love the "lights" in the windows...spookylicious!

cm said...

Brilliant! Wonderful way to 'flex' the use of this die; it's awesome as a spooky house! You've created a fun, yet classy, Halloween card. Fabulous!
Hugs~c

Jen W. said...

This rocks! Love the glow from the windows, the stitched frame and those wee little bats!