September 7, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Lovely Leaves Reminder

IMG_6246


After a far too short summer, fall is in the air. All the signs have been there in the past month. The leaves changing colour in my geranium planter even though the flowers continue to bloom, grass wet with dew in the morning on my bare feet walking out to the bird feeder, air conditioning on, air conditioning off and changing three times a day. Friday we had the hottest temperature we had all summer long, then a massive thunderstorm last night followed by a cool autumn breeze today. My head is spinning.

What is happening in your part of the world?


photo source:  flickr.com

There is still time to play at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. The Lovely Leaves challenge is open until September 10th at 8:00 AM CDT.  I made another card inspired by Lovely Leaves.  I was happy to pull out my Basic Grey Persimmon patterned papers once again and even more happy to find the the new Stampin' Up Happy Honey cardstock and ink is a great match to the papers.

I used the Reverse Confetti September Sketch For You To Try for my card.


tracey_lovelyleaves

detail:

tracey_detail




26 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the acorn!!!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch!

Lin said...

Just love your card, Tracey - wonderfully different colors for a fall card!

Lynn said...

Love your card Tracey. Slowing making my way into the fall color palette versus summer/spring. I think we are following the same weather pattern as you. Friday the humidity was awful as well as the heat. Today it is sunny but breezy and a perfect low 70s.

Kara said...

cool pp!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous!! Oh that BG is gorgeous!!! Where has this been? Why did I not know about it?
=] Michele

Kim S said...

I love that simple little acorn on top of all those wonderful fall colors and patterns.

sandie said...

fabulous mix of papers Tracey and that reminds me I have an idea for this challenge but had completely forgotten about it. Hoping to make it before the closing date!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Absolutely love your design and those colors are sooo beautiful together!

Lyn said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card <3

Lisa Elton said...

I love the acorn and those SWEET little stitched leaves on top of all those pretty papers!!

Bobby said...

Love the wonderful mix of papers, Tracey.

Sharron said...

Love your mix of papers and the wonderful colors! The single acorn and sweet stitched leaves look fabulous!

Marisa said...

That little acorn is adorable and just love those little leaves!

Maria said...

Different colors for fall and so very pretty! Love the acorn and stitched leaves...well done!:-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tracey. Love the papers and those little die-cut leaves with the acorn. The colors are fantastic.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful fall card, Tracey! I love the color combo and how you layered your papers and die cuts! Love the details in the stitched leaves, too...so pretty!

Joyce said...

Oh, I wish it were fall here just like on your card. Love those colors together, and your adorable acorn.

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! Love everything about this card, Tracey! We've still been having very hot days, but the evening cool off--love it!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card! I love these papers and great sketch, lovely lovely leaves :)

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this...I recently picked up a fresh new pad of Persimmon because I LOVE it so much!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Tracey ... all those layered elements are fabulous together ... and how sweet is that acorn! Anita :)

Deepti said...

So fabulous, I love the pattern and colors u picked for ur card :)

Becca Cruger said...

You have a real knack for mixing patterns! Very cute card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous Fall card, Tracey! Love the rich color combo and fabulous acorn image!

cm said...

Wow, Tracey - we don't see you use patterned papers often, but when you do: magic!! Stunning combination of colours and design...and that acorn! Pure delight!! Another card of yours to brighten my day!
Hugs~c