June 26, 2014

Teacher Gifts

cover1


My kids do not do teacher gifts anymore. In University it would be considered a bribe in high school it isn't really done, at least not as a senior.  I wish that all the awesome school themed stamps and designs were available when my kids were small and we were doing teacher gifts for all the teachers.

My daughter, however, did a two credit co-op this past semester in a JK/SK class as she wants to follow in my footsteps and be a teacher. Last week on her last day, "Miss Brooklyn" came home with 25 handmade cards from her students.  She will never throw them away, I know that. Yesterday was the SK graduation so she went back for the festivities and wanted to take a gift for the teachers she worked with as well as the SERT and the EA. We had planned on making sets of thank you card for each, but Brooklyn decided that she would like to give each of them some of my cards (since I have so many of them). So she selected an assortment of birthday, thank you, sympathy, all occasion and get well cards. We packaged them up along with envelopes in glassine bags, tied them with bakers twine and created thank you tags for the fronts.


tracey_teachergifts



26 comments :

Irish Cherokee said...

Sweet idea. I'm sure they will be appreciated immensely.

Rebecca Hoy said...

How lovely, the packaging looks great too. Rebecca x

Lynn said...

Oh I love the glassine bags. These are truly fabulous Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

i LOVE that you chose to give them your cards and the packaging is darling!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

ahhh…..

Deepti said...

What a cool idea, I love the red apple on there :)

Janet's Joy said...

That's a great idea!! The teachers will LOVE your cards!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are FABULOUS!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Love the thought, love the cards, bags - everything about this project, Tracey. But - I especially love your daughter's name!! Is there a story there?

=] Michele

Diane Jaquay said...

These packets are adorable, Tracey! I really miss being able to make these kind of projects for my kids teachers and classmates (they're both teens now and like you said it just isn't cool to do it at that age lol!)

natashakara said...

Great idea... I love the packaging. I ususlly make thank you card sets, but I like this idea better, they have an assortment of cards.

Lin said...

I love this idea, Tracey! The teachers will be so thrilled - something they can actually use!

Jingle said...

These are so super cute!

Kara said...

great gift! good luck to your daughter in her teaching career!

Anita in France said...

What fabulous gifts, Tracey ... those glassine packages are just delicious ... and to be filled with your cards ... wow! Good luck to Brooklyn as she heads towards the start of a fantastic new adventure! Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

Lucky teachers! How sweet of you to fill those bags with your cards. I know the teachers will adore them. Great way to package them. I really need to get some RC stamps and dies. Especially after seeing these!! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...these are just too darn cute! I love her tags and those big juicy looking apples, so sweet and I am sure those teachers will be over the moon excited to own a few of your incredible cards.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love how you packaged those cards. I too wish there were more Teacher stamps when my kids were little too!

Annette Allen said...

wow they are going to love them.. so creative and cute.. great gift

Barb Ghig said...

What a lovely way to say 'Thank You', Tracey! I'm sure Brooklyn's teachers and mentors are going to cherish your gorgeous cards...in fact, they may never give them away :-)

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh what wonderful gifts to those lucky teachers/advisors! I'm sure they were just thrilled, and will never forget your daughter's thoughtfulness. The red and white baker's twine looks so good with those bright, red apples. What a package!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Too ADORABLE, and sweet!

~amy~ said...

awwww...proud momma moment, eh? What a fabulous girl you have!

Such awesome card pkg gifties....they are going to LOVE them!

cm said...

Incredibly thoughtful and heart-warming! The teachers will be thrilled by these fabulous gifts! The tags and packaging add that extra special touch. Sweetness to the max!!
Hugs~c

Marybeth said...

What a great idea to give them sets. I love the way she wrapped them up. How sweet!

Sherrie M. said...

Great gift tags! Love the simplicity of them.