June 16, 2014

Reverse Confetti June Color Challenge

IMG_5284


Happy Monday Confetti Fans!
It is the 16th of the month and that means a new color challenge at Reverse Confetti!

I have been so lucky to be the Fetti Friend for the months of May and June and even luckier to get to play with the fabulous stamps and dies that were released on the 8th of May.




CASEing Susan Liles when she created roads using the Doin' the Wave Confetti Cuts on these card HERE and HERE. I made a card for my daughter who just got her license last week!  Her dream car is a punch buggy, so this sweet ride is perfect for her.

tracey_herewego


Here We Go
Here We Go Confetti Cuts
Doin' the Wave Confetti Cuts
Love Note Confetti Cuts
Class Act Confetti Cuts
Winning


   

   

   


The bad news is that we need a new engine for Ben's car. The car is a 2003 and they no longer make SAAB's in North America, so finding an engine with reasonable mileage is difficult.  The car was my late father-in-laws car so we are struggling right now with how much do you spend on a car that age?  Ben, who is feeling a bit bummed, went to the cottage this weekend with the truck and picked up his dirt bike to take back to Muskoka with him to ride on the trails.   He hasn't rode his bike in over a year so you can see the excitement on his face when he got it started up.


IMG_5238


I know this look, he wanted to bolt and he did. No helmet, just a quick run down the street and back!
Mom was not happy {insert lecture here}!

IMG_5261

IMG_5268

IMG_5260

Sam went for a ride in the driveway...

IMG_5231


20 comments :

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and very cool pics!!! :)

Marisa said...

Your cad is adorable, Tracey!! Love that "bug". We owned a SAAB years ago - great card but was expensive to fix back then too! Sometimes better off getting a new car rather than putting lots of $$ into an older one - speaking from experience LOL!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this cute car image and the fun colours that you created with. Great pics of your son and the bike, hope you find a good solution to the car engine situation.

Anita in France said...

So cute and fun, Tracey ... and such great pictures of Ben with his bike! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats to your daughter! I hope she enjoys having a license and maybe someday she will have her 'dream car'! I really love how you designed your card, and the color combo is fabulous, Tracey! I'm sure your daughter will love it, too!
So sorry to hear about Ben's engine. Thank heaven he has a back-up...hope you get that resolved quickly!

Sara Mac said...

What an adorable card Tracey. You created such a cute scene. How fun for your daughter. My oldest will get her license soon -- not sure how I feel about that step yet:)

Janet's Joy said...

So darn cute!! Your daughter will love it!!

JD/ Jill said...

Congrats to your daughter! The card is so cute and great use of colors, and just pefect for her. We ask ourselves the same question that you do...because our car is even older a 2000.

Joyce said...

Very cute card, and perfect for Brooklyn. Love how you made the road, and that car image is just too cute. Ben looks like he is having a really good time on his dirt bike.

Jen W. said...

This card rocks, Tracey! I love the bright colours and fun polka dots and stripes. This is so getting CASEd! :)
Bummer about the car engine. That stuff is so frustrating. I had to get a new car a couple of months ago. In the 8 years I had my previous car I spent as much on fixing/maintaining it as I did buying it! All that and it was just rusting away - not build for the salt of Bermuda I guess!
Love the look on Ben's face in that first picture! LOL!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so sweet! What an adorable scene you created, fantastic use of all those dies, I love it! Thanks for sharing all the photos too....so sorry about the car engine, hopefully you are able to locate something, love the doggy taking a ride!

~amy~ said...

Your card is so much fun...so many uses for it, like new driver, new car...

Oh boy, how are you doing momma? I don't even want darin to have a motorcycle...

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and card Tracey! And how sweet that Brooklyn want a cute little punch buggy. I love your pictures of Ben and Sam, so sweet.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I bet she just loved this to bits! That wave die makes a great road... so creative!

Sharron said...

Your card is so adorable. Love the bug! Best of luck with the car issue--not an easy thing to deal with. TFS the photos of Ben. Did Sam enjoy his ride???--so cute!

Maureen Merritt said...

Licenses and a bike? Tracey, it's a good thing you have a creative outlet :) Love your card, those colors are fab and I love how you made a road with those dies!

maria f. said...

Ha! Hang on Sam.

Unknown said...

Perfect card! I LOVE the little scene you've created :)

Marlena M. said...

You're a good momma to give a lecture~ ;) Your card is adorable Tracey.

cm said...

Gahhh...how did I get so far behind in commenting; I'll 'blame' you, as you've been crafting up a storm of yet more awesomeness *grin* Your punch buggy card is adorable and I know your daughter loved it, as do I! As for your son and his bike: yes to the lecture on helmets! On some occasions my husband didn't wear his on his road bike. Let's just say that no longer happens! Hope the car issues are resolved! Hugs~c