January 14, 2014

CCC #78



IMG_3532


It is time for a new Cue Card at CASology!




One of the most wonderful things about blogging is the ability to learn from others. Especially when it comes to the crafting community.  Last year Chari Moss used this stamp to do the technique I used today to create and multicoloured dot using neon inks using the exact same image.  I bookmarked this technique and used it for my card today, I used two Stampin' Up inks to achieve the look.  It took a bit of practicing and of course the one I did right before this on my scrap cardstock was the one that turned out best! LOL  Basically you stamp your image once in one colour and then stamp in the other colour right over top after doing a 180 degree turn.

Neat and Tangled is our sponsor for this week, hope you come and play along!


tracey_CCC778


Head on over to CASology today to learn what the 'cue card' means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.

I can't wait to see what DOT means to you!

Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Party Dots (Neat and Tangled)
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo (Stampin' Up) Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Dies: Stitched Mats (Lil' Inker)

34 comments :

Ardyth said...

Such a clever idea to overlap this stamp to create the blended colours! Love it!

Inkyfingers said...

That looks like a great technique Tracey and I love the crisp and clean design of your card. Great job!
Hugs
Carol x

Barb said...

Cool card, Tracey! Love the colors you used!

Anita in France said...

Wow, that's such a cool technique, Tracey ... love how the two colours merge so beautifully! Anita :)

Jen W. said...

I remember when Chari did that and I loved it but never tried it. Thanks for the reminder! Love the colors you used - the purple they created is gorgeous!

Radhika said...

Sweet card Tracey ..lovely colors .. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love these colors! beautiful

Marybeth said...

What a neat card, Tracey! Love the way you did the dots! You do CAS like no other!

Kristie Goulet said...

What a cool technique, Tracy! Love how your turned out. :)

cm said...

You make the most outstanding cards, Tracey, using what 'seems' to be a simple technique (in my hands - disaster guaranteed!). Love your blue dots and the rotated-180 red dots. Eye-catching and striking!
c

Unknown said...

love these rich colors! awesome stamping!

Meghan said...

Gorgeous focal point for your card. Those colours are magnificent!

Joyce said...

Tracey--this is so fabulous. You are going to have to tell me now to do this. What an incredible technique and fun collection of dots.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

how fun! I love this cool technique and I've been wanting this stamp set...I may have to splurge!

Bobby said...

This is a neat technique. The image looks like an alien planet (that's a good thing).

~amy~ said...

EXcellent.

Lynn said...

Ahhh...this looks so amazing Tracey. What a clever technique!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! I loveeeeeee all the dots!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Tracey, what a fun technique!!

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, now THAT is a cool technique! So glad you shared it with us...and I laughed when you said your last one on scrap was the best--happens to me all the time! This is such a cool card...I'm in love!

Annette Allen said...

WOW WEE love how you added the color.. totally fabulous..

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful Tracey!!! Love all the Dots and colors :)

Kim Heggins said...

This is some party on a card! I love your colors, so stinkin' festive!

ScrapaDiddle said...

Cute card! Reminds me of spotlights!

Claire said...

This is so clever Tracey...what a great technique!

Marlena M. said...

Holy smokes this is AMAZING~I love it Tracey!

Deepti said...

This is so much fun :) I love the colors you picked!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love the colors!

Virginia L. said...

Striking colors, my friend! Beautifully done!

Lindsey said...

This turned out awesome! I remember Chari's card and your CASE certainly compliments it.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card and wonderful technique, love the bold colors you used it worked out beautifully.

Marie

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing colors!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing colors!!!

Jeanne J. said...

This looks amazing! I need to see how you did this!