November 20, 2013

Lil' Inker November Release Blog Hop {Day 3}

IMG_3076





Welcome back for the final day of the Lil' Inker November Release Blog Hop.  I am the Guest Designer this month at Lil' Inker and I can't wait to show you what I have for today. You should have arrived here today from the fabulous Isha's blog.  If you just happen to be here and would like to start at the beginning of the blop hop go to the Lil' Inker blog for the start.


I have my final two projects to share today. They are both made using the new  Cover Up Die - Swirls Pattern. I die cut the Cover Up dies using using Soft Stone cardstock and again using patterned paper from Echo Park Bundle of Joy.  My first card is in portrait orientation, then I paper pieced using the pattern paper pieces and stamped my sentiment on a pink On the Diagonal paper strip.


tracey_Swirl(1)


My second card is in landscape orientation. I used the patterned paper die cut piece adhered to a pink card base. Then I die cut some Stitched Clouds and a Sentiment Strip. Same die but two totally different looks.


tracey_swirl(2)



   


Leave comment's along the way on the Blog Hop for a chance at one of three $15 store credits for Lil' Inker!

Thanks for visiting and Thank you to Lil' Inker and the Design Team for letting me play along with you this month.

The next stop of the Blog Hop is Jen's blog.


Cardstock:  Sweet Blush, White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Bundle of Joy (Echo Park)
Stamps:  Rainbows & Clouds (Lil' Inker)
Ink: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Cover Up Swirls, On the Diagonal, Stitched Clouds, Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inker)
other: foam tape

40 comments :

Marybeth said...

Love the inlay on the first card...that is gorgeous Tracey! How fun to be a GD for our favorite Lil Inkers Design. You are knocking them out of the park. I cannot wait for my order to come. Beautiful work !

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are both so fabulous, I love them both. The negative and the positive images are so fun. Fabulous colors and DP.

Janis said...

LOVE the "Sky's the Limit" card! What a beautiful sky you made!!! Very creative use of this die!
<3 J

Lynn said...

Your cover up die is amazing! I love how you put the patterned paper in the die cuts. Gorgeous!

Janet's Joy said...

Oh I love the inlay work Tracy!

Bev Karolak said...

Beautiful cards! Lovely colours. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my those dies are so awesome! love your work

Kristie Goulet said...

You have absolutely knocked these out of the park! Great job as GD!!! xo

~amy~ said...

oh my, these are wonderful! Lovin' those cover up dies...wowza.

Sue D said...

Fabulous cards. I like how you used both parts of the die cut and the colors.

Alanna said...

These are both darling but I especially love the first one where you pieced the small papers back into the pattern. Love!

Tami B. said...

These are both fantastic. How long did it take to put all those little pieces in the first card? Whew....

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely cards! Love that beautiful inlay technique!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Wow, I love how you used that beautiful paper both ways! Awesome!! tfs Patricia B

Unknown said...

I love when you can use both the die & the negative image - beautiful cards :)

cm said...

Gorgeous cards, Tracey! Love how you've made two cards from the same paper+die combination! You've showcase the versatility of LID products beautifully!
c

Donna Cala said...

Lovely!

Karen B. said...

Such a cool use of the positive and negative! All your projects were stunning, so glad that you got to join in!

Sue McRae said...

Love the paper piecing with the swirls, it makes such a fun background and your use of the "leftover" die cut is so creative!

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Two cards in one! Cool pattern for those splashes!

Anonymous said...

These are both amazing, Tracey ... love that you used the positive and negative images! Anita :)

Sharron said...

Fantastic cards today, Tracey! I love the 'sky's the limit' design. Love how you used patterned paper for inlays--looks amazing. You have done a really awesome job as GD.

Kara said...

cute! love that paper!

Brenda in IN said...

Both made with the same things but such different looks. So, so pretty.

Bobby said...

It's great how one background die can make two very different cards. Great job!

Michelle said...

Wow!
Tracey, you showcased the die beautifully! Love the pattern paper you chose! Really beautiful!

Loly Borda said...

Both are beautiful Tracey! I specially like the first one! Great job as a GD! Way to go!

D- said...

LOVE your terrific cards. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Annette Allen said...

oh my word.. these are amazing.. i love the new release.. you totally rocked it

Lisa Elton said...

OUTSTANDING cards Tracey!! love the floral paper peaking through on the first one but your design with the cute clouds is my fave!!

anja curvers said...

This is so clever and beautiful love both cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lindsey said...

Oh, wow! These cards are amazing. I love the laid in patterned paper and what a good idea to use the leftover outline on another card. It created a totally different feel to just see the pink in the negative image vs. flush inside the cut outs.

Lyndal said...

Two GORGEOUS cards Tracey - LOVE that you used the negative & positives!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such neat cards for today!! Loving the FUN Designs!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Laura Pryor said...

Super pretty designs here, Tracey! Thank you so much for being our awesome guest!!! You rocked these goodies!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are really beautiful, Tracey! Such pretty colors, and I love how you used the positive and negative of your die cuts!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are really gorgeous, Tracey! I love how you paper pieced the first one, and used the negative on the 2nd card...so pretty!

canadian_liner said...

You and Lil'Inker are a match made in...the sky! Love your second card especially. THe swirls work great as cirrus clouds. Enjoying your 25 days of tags, too! Great idea!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow that must have taken some time but the results are so worth it....so pretty.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oohhhhh I love when you can use everything like this!