October 8, 2013

colourQ #210

IMG_2699

Happy Tuesday!


Before I begin today's post I want to thank all of you for your overwhelming comments yesterday regarding being Moxie Fabber of the Week! Here on my blog, at Moxie Fab World and on Facebook! I could barely be on the computer yesterday because I kept getting a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. You are so fabulous and I love you all! {sniff sniff}

Okay down to business, it's Tuesday and time for this week's new colour palette at the colourQ!




I have been making birthday cards lately that can be either masculine or feminine.  Often the cards I have been making have been perfect for teenagers.  I have 20 nieces and nephews ranging in age between 1 month and 39 years--yes I was an aunt at 7! So there is always a birthday in our house. Here is a card using Papertrey Ink's Sketched Shapes, love that stamp set.


tracey_CQC210


Head on over to the colourQ to see what the rest of the design team has been up to, grab some inspiration and then go and create something.  We can't wait to see what you do.

Cardstock:  White (Papertrey Ink) Tempting Tourquoise (Stampin' Up)
Stamps:  Sketched Shapes (Papertrey Ink) Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Stitched Mats (Lil' Inkers)

20 comments :

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the triangles on this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING the colors!!!!!!

Jingle said...

Love this card! Totally cute!

Marybeth said...

Aww so glad you felt how much you are loved.
Love this card for a teenager...so hard to come up with those sometimes. As always great design Tracey!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this card and this stamp set!! Great colors!

Alanna said...

Such a cute card. I love the colors and everything about it.

Jen W. said...

20 nieces and nephews?? Holy cow!! Your family get togethers much be pretty amazing events. :D Loving this card - crisp, clean and as you said, perfect for guys and girls. I really must get that stamp set...

Lisa Elton said...

Well just let me start by saying that I for one love you too and I am SO PROUD and HAPPY for you my sweet sweet friend!! I can say I knew you when LOL!!!

Now about this card...fun, trendy and perfect for any of your family members!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yeah...my mom's youngest brother is only 3 months older that me! Imagine an uncle at 3 months old!! He's was my son's great uncle at 20/21!!! And will probably make it to a great great uncle before long!!!

Sherrie M. said...

LOVE the simplicity of this card! And congrats on the moxie fab profile - well deserved.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with the colors, Tracey! Such a fun choice of stamps and I love the stitched border!

I apologize for not getting around the net yesterday...CONGRATS to you on being named Moxie Fabber of the Week! You are so talented and deserving, Tracey...I'm so happy for you!

LeAnne said...

Yes, I saw that post, you Moxie Fabber! Good for you, can't think of anyone more deserving! Love this sweet little card....perfect take on that quilt!

Deepti said...

simple and stunning :)

Colleen said...

Another fabulous card Tracey! so perfect for those teens...non gender, works for anyone! Great colors this week!

Joyce said...

This is a perfect birthday card to have on hand. It works for any gender or age. I love how you have used the colors. I definitely see some gallon/quart/pint lessons being put to use here.

Jen Mitchell said...

I can see the inspiration from the quilt in your beautiful card! I love this!

Sharron said...

I was SO happy to see you featured on Moxie Fab! It is a very well deserved honor. Love your sweet card--great use of the colors!

Jeanne J. said...

This is another brilliant CAS card Tracey - I like the twist on the primary colors with the Hawaiian Shores blue!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, Tracey, love the rows of triangles and how you've used the colours ... so deliciously CAS! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

These colors are so much fun and so is your sweet birthday card. I love those rows of sketched triangles, too cute!