August 13, 2013

colourQ #202

IMG_2085

Happy Tuesday and time for this week's colourQ colours. 




As soon as I saw the inspiration photo I knew I wanted to try and recreate the cushion and the first thing that came to my mind was my Mehndi Medallion stamp.  I embossed on the grey circle and then coloured some of the details with Copic markers. Matted the circle with a Daffodil Delight scalloped circle and matted the card base with red, added a few sequins and done.


tracey_CQC202

Go the the colourQ and see the amazing creations the rest of the Design Team has for you this week and I really hope that you come and play along.


Cardstock:  White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink) Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey (Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Mehndi Medallion, Sending Thanks (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: True Black (Papertery Ink) Versamark (Tsukineko)
Dies: Circle, Scalloped Circle (Spellbinders)
other: white embossig powder, assorted Copics, red sequins

21 comments :

sandie said...

oh my goodness Tracey, this is fabulous, I love the medallions with the ruby centre. I had forgotten about these but this has inspired an idea for one of my DT cards-so a huge thank you x

Lynn said...

Oh how I love that medallion and the pops of color on it are absolutely amazing.

Michelle said...

Ha! Great recreation of the inspiration photo! I love this card, Tracey!

Marlou McAlees said...

totally stunning ♥

Mary Pat Siehl said...

totally AMAZING!!!!!!

diana said...

Very nice!! ;-)

diana said...

Very nice!! ;-)

Carole said...

I can see the inspiration recreated...it's fabulous. Love the medallions details and the ruby center pops. Gorgeous

Annette Allen said...

oh my word.. this is perfect for this challenge.. I LOVE IT

Jen W. said...

Wow, Tracey, this is a real stunner! You totally captured the look of that gorgeous pillow! Love it!

Janet's Joy said...

It's beautiful Tracey! Love the medallion.

Virginia L. said...

Wow....is almost all I can say! Your take is absolutely SPOT ON, Tracey! Love it!!

Geri said...

Oh, my...at a glance it looks like you took that pillow out of the photo and plopped it right down on your card!!!;) Great use of the inspiration...it's beautiful!

Sharron said...

Totally awesome--perfect take on the photo!! Love the little pops of color!

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUSNESS Tracey! I am swooning over this one!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Holy wow is this perfection! Love!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is JUST amazing!!! Wow, you nailed this challenge on EVERY angle, the image, the colors, the shapes!!

Woot WOOT Woot!!

Alanna said...

This is just lovely. The perfect card -- cas with a touch of class.

Marybeth said...

Wow Tracey your card goes perfectly with the photo…..Gorgeous stamping here my friend!

Joyce said...

Your design is even prettier than that pillow. And, you are inspiring me to take out my Mehndi Medallions set. I love the pops of red and yellow, and the white on grey is so pretty.

Renee said...

Is this where I admit I've had this set for 2 years and it still sits uninked :(
This is so gorgeous...
makes me want to ink it up! :)