August 26, 2013

Blog takeover

My darling daughter is taking control of my blog today as I have about a thousand things to do this week preparing for my son to head off to University next Saturday. How is it possible that we only have half of what he needs together so far?

Yesterday my daughter's very good friend had her 16th birthday.  The girls have just found out recently after living in Ontario for only 3 years her dad has been transferred back to Quebec. Brooklyn wanted to make her friend something to remember their time together so she got busy in my craft room to create a frame for a photo of the two of them using some Verve goodness! The only thing I did was help tie the nautical knot.



15 comments :

Greta said...

Oh this is perfect! Bet her friend will love it!

Lynn said...

What an awesome birthday gift! I love the picture and the decorated frame! Hope all the preparations are going well Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

Your daughter did a fabulous job and what a fun photo of the two girls! Good luck pulling everything together for your son. I remember those days and they can be crazy!! Thinking of you ;)

Kara said...

Sweet!

Cathy Weber said...

Your daughter has certainly inherited her mother's design talent...love the photo frame and I am sure her friend will treasure this. So sad she has to move away.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet!!! I love that photo of Brooklyn and her sweet friend, so fun. Love the stitched rectangle too, Brooklyn knows all the good supplies to use, right? Your knot is the perfect touch to a fabulous gift!

Helen F. said...

What a lovey 'gift' your daughter created, Tracey. I am sure her friend will treasure it always.
PS: that's a great nautical knot too :)

Ardyth said...

This is great, Brooklyn - your friend will love it, I know! Good luck to your mom with all the packing!

Unknown said...

I love this! The CAS design is fabulous...the photo is perfectly framed!

Darnell said...

How marvelous that Brooklyn has your talent and love of handmade creations, Tracey! Her frame for her friend is brilliant, topped off by your shared effort on the knot!! (I hope everything goes smoothly for your son's big move to college! Hugs, Darnell)

Marybeth said...

Love this and the happy smiles in the picture. Great frame.

Marybeth said...

Love this and the happy smiles in the picture. Great frame.

Marybeth said...

Love this and the happy smiles in the picture. Great frame.

wienerhoneymooners said...

AWESOME Greatness!! Photos are the BEST way to add LIFE to a card, and a lasting memory and keepsake to treasure always!!!

Lindsey said...

What a sweet gift. Good luck to you this week...I hope you can get things taken care of quickly so you at least get a bit of time to just enjoy each other before your son heads off.