July 10, 2013

You are my Sunshine



It's my turn to share a project on the Fresh Squeezed Stamp blog today.

I created a card that will let a friend know just how much they mean to you. I did some selective masking to get the little firefly inside the lantern. I use scotch tape to mask tiny areas of a stamp.  I chose not to colour the bulbs in the other two lanterns to make the firefly the only source of light.




   


Cardstock:  White, Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: String Me Along, Weather Through (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
Ink: Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink) Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
other: Copic marker (Y21)

15 comments :

Lynn said...

Too cute...I love the touch of color on the sweet little bee!

~amy~ said...

Love the pops of color! awesome card Tracey!

sandie said...

great masking Tracey, I love how the firefly is just lit up x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

yikes!!!! this is soooooo darn cute! i love it!

Annette Allen said...

aww that is so cute.. love those little jars..

Deepti said...

This is such a cute card :) I love the idea of firefly and stamps are awesome

Marybeth said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love only the tiny bit of color!

Kara said...

so cute!!

Cathy Weber said...

Eek!, and I never say that! Your card is totally adorable and I love the firefly being the only source of light. Totally cute Tracey.

Bonnie said...

Perfection!

Joyce said...

Just adorable. I knew you would do wonderful things with those stamps.

Janet Zeppa said...

Very sweet!

Sharron said...

So adorable! Love that your little firefly has turned on his light!

Lisa said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I love the teeny firefly, CUTE card Tracey!!

Jen W. said...

This is adorable!! That firefly is perfect!