July 10, 2013

You are my Sunshine



It's my turn to share a project on the Fresh Squeezed Stamp blog today.

I created a card that will let a friend know just how much they mean to you. I did some selective masking to get the little firefly inside the lantern. I use scotch tape to mask tiny areas of a stamp.  I chose not to colour the bulbs in the other two lanterns to make the firefly the only source of light.




   


Cardstock:  White, Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: String Me Along, Weather Through (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
Ink: Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink) Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
other: Copic marker (Y21)

13 comments :

Lynn said...

Too cute...I love the touch of color on the sweet little bee!

~amy~ said...

Love the pops of color! awesome card Tracey!

sandie said...

great masking Tracey, I love how the firefly is just lit up x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

yikes!!!! this is soooooo darn cute! i love it!

Annette Allen said...

aww that is so cute.. love those little jars..

Deepti said...

This is such a cute card :) I love the idea of firefly and stamps are awesome

Marybeth said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love only the tiny bit of color!

Cathy Weber said...

Eek!, and I never say that! Your card is totally adorable and I love the firefly being the only source of light. Totally cute Tracey.

Bonnie said...

Perfection!

Joyce said...

Just adorable. I knew you would do wonderful things with those stamps.

Sharron said...

So adorable! Love that your little firefly has turned on his light!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I love the teeny firefly, CUTE card Tracey!!

Jen W. said...

This is adorable!! That firefly is perfect!