November 29, 2012

DD #30



There is no question that by doing blog challenges it pushes you to dig deep and find something that you didn't even know you had.  I love doing the Dynamic Duos challenges because they push me to stick within the confines of only using two colours but in a creative way.  That could be adding patterned paper, or die cuts, ink or even adding in a sketch from another challenge.



When I looked at the colours for this week's challenge I didn't think I could do it.  These are two colours that are not really in my comfort zone.  As I saw the deadline drawing near I took a look at what has been on my desk this week.  Where I was stuck was thinking I had to use glitter or sparkle of some kind,  but inside my 6 x 6" pad of Echo Park's Very Merry was silver patterned paper.  From there I had Love Lives Here Holiday already out and a Tag Sale #4 die in white that had been tossed aside.  The idea was born and the card came together in a half hour.



All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  White, Enchanted Evening
Patterned paper: silver star (Very Merry Echo Park)
Stamps: ove Lives Here Holiday
Ink:  Enchanted Evening, True Black
Dies: Love Lives Here Holiday, Tag Sale /4
other: foam tape, jute

20 comments :

Lynn said...

I love the ornament die...and the color combo is awesome. I keep looking at this challenge. Need to dive in!!

~amy~ said...

What a fabulous card..love the design!

Kara said...

beautiful!! I love blue, first of all, and the angel is perfect on that star background!

LeAnne said...

I don't think there is ANY challenge that could stump you....this is just beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Oooooh I like this angel done up in this pretty blue...very pretty Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job with the colors, Tracey. ;-) I tend to always think of things quite literally, so it is a challenge to think outside the box for me. I love what you put together here - so very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos! ;-)

Joyce said...

This is a great card. Interesting to hear your thought process on how it came together. I was also stumped in the same way, but did not end up with a great card like you did.

Bonnie said...

Oh, Tracey, I always love catching up with your blog. So many wonderful ideas! I love this simple angel, and that wonderful sentiment, and the paper is perfect!

Allisa said...

Lovely card, love the little twine bow addition!

Jean Martin said...

Tracey I love this! I can't believe I don't have this stamp set!!! I think you've just enabled me to get it! Haha! Beautiful card! :)

Deb said...

Tracey, this is so beautiful! I absolutely love it!

Marybeth said...

Your angel card is gorgeous and I love the two colors! I also love tag cards.

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, I love the way you have placed the angel over the ornament, it works really beautifully. Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Karen B. said...

Your card/tag combo is stunning. The bold color for the angel was a perfect addition.

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the colors and you used them perfectly! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful!!!! What a sweet angel and that color is just so stunning!

Brenda said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you decided to give these colors a try. Your card turned out beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos :)

Jean said...

You did a fantastic job out of your comfort zone ~ love what you came up with!

Michelle said...

Tracey, this is beautiful! So peaceful and serene!