November 13, 2012

colourQ #163


Time for another colourQ, this weeks palette contains some wonderful fall colours and I chose to do something very different for me, but I had so much fun doing it.


I used stamps from Neat & Tangled that normally I would use Copic markers to colour.  I decided to stamp on coloured cardstock and then fussy cut the images.  All my images were attached to the focal panel using foam tape.  Love the way it turned out.


We hope that you come a play with us this week at the colourQ and while you are there make sure to visit the blogs of the rest of the Design Team to see their fabulous creations.

Cardstock:  White, Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Canyon Clay, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Little Bear, Kindness Matters, Elves at Work
Ink:  True Black
Dies: In the Meadow (Papertrey Ink)
other: foam tape, assorted Copics

19 comments :

Lynn said...

Such an adorable little scene Tracey!

~amy~ said...

How incredibly a-dorable!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sweet campfire scene Tracey! Great idea to stamp on the colored card stock rather than color the images.

Jeanne J. said...

Adorable! I love your camping scene! That bear is just the sweetest!

Kelly Griglione said...

egads, Tracey, I LOVE this!! So glad you had fun, it totally shows!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so cute Tracey! I love the images stamped on colored cardstock!

Marybeth said...

This made me smile Tracey…. so darn cute! Great idea to use the colored paper and not color love the look!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is a really challenging color scheme, and you totally nailed it. What a cute little scene you made, and stamping on colored cardstock is a great alternative to coloring.

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just too cute. I love your sweet little scene and your fussy cutting is just so perfect. Fabulous card.

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Tracey, this card does look like you had fun! Have a good Wednesday!

Jean said...

What a fantastic card using these tough colors (I'm currently stumped as what to make with them). Glad you had fun trying this new to you technique.

Jen W. said...

I love me some paper piecing and you rocked this sweet little scene!!

Christina said...

So adorable! Love how you used these colors and pieced the whole scene with colored cardstock. It looks fantastic!

Bonnie said...

Wow, what a lot of cutting! It works wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

I love the way it turned out, too. ;-) Super cute images, and I love how you've incorporated the challenge colors. Really cool!

Darnell said...

This is just precious, Tracey! Cute, cute, cute!

LeAnne said...

Super cute, Tracey! Love that little bear!

Michelle said...

Adorable scene, Tracey!