November 6, 2012

colourQ #162


Time for another colourQ.  This week is a blend of lovely autumn colours.  Thanksgiving is long over in Canada but you always have something to be thankful for.  I really wanted to try out my new Striped Sweater background stamp from Papertrey so I used it to create a cozy frame for my focal point.





All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, White
Stamps: Rosie Posie, Background Basics: Striped Sweater, Think Big Favorites #19
Ink:  Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold (PTI) VersaMark (Tsukinedo)
Dies: Rosie Posie (PTI) Circles (Spellbinders), Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inkers)
other: foam tape

17 comments :

Lynn said...

Stunning...the soft background is beautiful with the focus on the beautiful blooms Tracey!

Janet's Joy said...

Pretty card Tracey! Love the background stamp.

Unknown said...

Beautiful..these flowers look amazinging in these colors.

Joyce said...

Well, you already know how much I love that knitted background, and you have given me another idea for it. The colors are gorgeous, and I love your beautiful focal point.

LeAnne said...

Love that background....what a warm, cozy, pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

Your focal flowers look so pretty on your warm cozy background! Pretty Tracey ;)

Karen B. said...

Perfect color distribution as well as textures, what a lovely card.

The Paper Parade said...

Those colors are so warm and pretty together! And that knitted background really stands out and helps to make the card even more warm :)

Darnell said...

Ooh, boy, Tracey I have some background paper very similar to that. I've got a feeling ... love how you've done your posies in the challenge colors!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Cozy it is! That background stamp creates some lovely texture to show off the pretty flowers!

Mara Campbell said...

The background is amazing!!! I love it and those flowers are so so pretty, too. Great card!

Jeanne J. said...

This is striking - the flowers are gorgeous against that stamped background!

Kelly Griglione said...

You know I love this stamp : ) So cozy, indeed, and I love it paired with flowers!

Anonymous said...

Your card is perfect for these colors. And so is the knit background! I really like this card. ;-)

Michelle said...

Fabulous stamping! You created a beautiful background!

Jean said...

Love this knit background and your focal point is perfect!

Marlena M. said...

I just got my Rosie Posie~I love how you framed it here! Such a warm, comforting look~