October 16, 2012

colourQ #159 & RS #33



Another awesomely inspiring palette at the colourQ this week.  Isn't that owl the cutest?




I have a few October birthdays to make cards for so I thought that these Halloween colours would be fun to use.  I just got my L'il Inkers Stitched Sentiment Flag Die in the mail so it was the perfect chance to use it.  I decided to use this week's RetroSketch for my design and I die cut a series of 5 different patterned papers with the die.  I adjusted the length showing of each pattern by using a curtain at the top of the card embellished with two cardstock rick rack strips.



We hope that you come a play with us this week at the colourQ and while you are there make sure to visit the blogs of the rest of the Design Team to see their fabulous creations.

All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  White, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Black (Recollections)
Patterned Paper: Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise
Stamps: Floral Fusion #9
Ink:  True Black
Dies: Rick Rack, Edgers #3 (PTI), Stitched Sentiment Flag (L'il Inkers)

12 comments :

Lynn said...

Oh I love those super sweet banners!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is amazing! love the colors and the banners- great job

Ardyth said...

How fun is that! Love the zig zags and the dp!

~amy~ said...

this is absolutely wonderful!

Joyce said...

So clever. What a great use for those banners, and I am loving this week's color and image.

Lisa Elton said...

Squeal!!! Tracey this is SO cute, so fun and so SO clever!

Marybeth said...

Love the banners! They look great with printed papers. Love the top of the card too.

The Paper Parade said...

What a cool take on this sketch! I never would have thought to use different lengths of banners! It looks great :)

Jean said...

This is a great combination of the challenges! I LOVE all of the banners and the patterned papers.

Michelle said...

Wow! I love how you combined these two challenges! Amazing banners!

Anonymous said...

Love this one, too. ;-) You're so clever to use all these elements how you did. I love each of the them. Great job. ;-)

Laurie said...

Awesome take on the sketch Tracey! I love love love those banners! SO cute! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!