October 2, 2012

CCC #13 - Zoo

Time for for another CASology Cue Card.  This week's word is ZOO!  




Now I don't know about your house, but I grew up with three brothers and a sister and that pretty much described our house.  When I saw the cue word I initially thought I don't have any stamps and dies or papers that fit into the zoo theme.  Then I remembered I had an Imaginisce Snag'em stamp with a cute giraffe on it--the idea was born.


Embossing is a great way to add texture, dimension and interest to a CAS card.  Not all embossing folders and plates are equal.   Some leave a very deep impression like the Cuttlebug embossing folders and some leave a more subdued impression like the Impression Plates from Papertrey Ink.  If you use an embossing plate that is too deep, you run the risk of it overpowering your focal point which is wear the eye should rest.


I used Copics to colour this little guy and I drew some grass for him to stand on.

Head on over to CASology today to learn what the `cue card`means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.

Don`t forget to visit the blogs of the other members of the Design Team:
Tracey McNeely (that`s me)

and this week's Guest Designer  Donna (winner of CCC #10 - WHITE)

I can't wait to see what ZOO means to you!

All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Simply Chatreuse
Stamps: Hanging Out (PTI), Giraffe (Imaginisce)
Ink: True Black (PTI), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Dies: Limitless Layers Squares
Impressioin Plates: Simple Stripe
other: assorted Copic markers, Jelly Roll glitter pen

25 comments :

Ardyth said...

This is adorable, Tracey! Love the striped embossing!

Unknown said...

Cute!!! Love the texture..it's the perfect touch and great layout.

Fiona Harrison said...

Very cute, though you could've submitted your 5 year old card from the other day, covered in zoo animals :-)

Joyce said...

Oh, what a cute baby card. There is something about giraffe's that is just so sweet.

Jean Martin said...

Eeeep!!!! Tracey!!!!! This is soooooooo adorable!!!!!!! I love all the white and the pop of color in the middle! :)

Lisa Elton said...

ADORABLE Tracey! The grass looks cute too ;) and the embossing reminds me of the bars of the zoo cages!

Jeanne J. said...

Your giraffe is the sweetest and I love how he takes center stage! Happy card!!

Marybeth said...

Love this little guy , beautiful CAS baby card.

Lynn said...

This little giraffe is adorable...love the embossed background too!

Jeanette M. said...

Oh my, your giraffe is so adorable! I love your card. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Awwwwwww....so cute! I'm a sucker for baby cards :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Rosemary said...

your card is just soo sweet, tracey!

Renee said...

LOVE it!!
So adorably precious...
and NOW you've given me the start of an idea...
since I find myself with a little time this week due to no school! ;)

Kim Heggins said...

oh my...this little guy is just too darn cute.

Mara Campbell said...

The giraffe is super sweet!! I love the embossing, too!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable card, Tracey! Love the embossed panel and the perfect touch of grass!

Jen W. said...

That giraffe image is adorable!! I love that embossed panel too. I've got to try that one of these days because I always love it when you do it. :)

Benzi said...

That is a precious giraffe and I like your added grass and the wonderful embossing.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

So cute and precious. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your card, Tracey! The polaroid-type design is so hot, but you've done it in a unique way. Love your font too.

Aileen said...

Such a cute little giraffe, perfect for a new baby card. x

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable card. ;-) Perfect image, perfect sentiment... perfect. Great tips on embossing, too!

Michelle said...

Oh, how darling!! This is a perfect baby card! Love it!

Suzanne said...

PERFECT! I love this so much!

Jean said...

This giraffe is super sweet! Sorry I missed this challenge :(.