February 13, 2012

My Son's Valentine

It is always difficult to create masculine cards, especially for a 17 year old boy who is a jock!  My son has an artistic side and a sensitive side but he really is a jock, see post HERE.  I always make cards for all of my family but last year when he was 16, I decided to make a smaller Valentine for him so it didn't look like I was babying him.  Well it didn't go unnoticed, why was my card smaller than Brooklyn's?  Although he was joking around I decided that I needed to make him a 'regular' sized card this year.






All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:


Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy
Designer Paper: Red with pink dots (Scenic Route), red with white and pink dots (Text-Style Simple Valentine)
Stamps: Love Birds
Ink: Memento (Tsukineko)
Dies: Heart Prints
other: foam dots

Pin It

7 comments :

Lisa Elton said...

Tracey I think is PERFECT for him! SPLENDID card ;)

Deb said...

This is perfect! What a fabulous Valentine's Day card!

Inkyfingers said...

This is great kind of masculine Valentine - just right for your son. I love how you combined all the different dotty bits!

Joyce said...

This is such a great valentine. What your son said sounds exactly like something one of my daughters would say if their card (or anything else) was smaller than their sister's. Love that thick sentiment banner--very manly!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

the the CAS look on this card!!! always wonderful and full of inspiration!

Cyndie said...

Wow, polka dot heaven! The center heart is almost an optical illusion with the two different polka dot patterns, quite hypnotizing! Love it!

Ally said...

Well, I like this Valentine card for your son - and hopefully he enjoyed it too, full size. Haha. ;-D

Really, though, boys should just suck it up and deal with Valentine's Day, don't you agree? It's only one day out of the year, and a pretty Valentine card from one's Mom should be easy to take. ;-)

Nice job on the card!