May 7, 2011

Crazy for Teapots

After two years I finally purchased the Papertry Ink Tea for Two stamp set.  Along with it the Teapot/Label die.  This is the set that I am using to create Mother's Day cards for my mom and my mother-in-law.  An easy task for a Friday afternoon when there wasn't much on my plate. That is until I started inking up my stamps that is.  I had a blast!  I had to test all the stamps.  I started just stamping teapots, then I die cut teapots and stamped on them, then I die cut some of the already stamped images (I had been wanting to try that), then I stamped the outline image onto already stamped and die cut teapots, then I stamped the labels on some die cuts, them I die cut some teapots using vintage looking patterned paper and then stamped the outline image on to those.  Can you say squeal with delight?



By that time I had to get on with the real world and say bye bye to my studio.  Up at 6:00 am this morning for my daughter's dance competition.  Two golds!!  Woo Hoo! and now I am back still needing to turn my teapots into fabulous cards. 

It is 11:00 pm and they are done.



All Supplies from PaperTrey Ink unless otherwise noted:
Cardstock:  white, kraft
Patterned Paper:  Girl Friday (Cosmo Cricket)
Clear Stamps:  Tea for Two
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Creamy Brown (Colorbox)
Dies:  Teapot, Label, Double-Ended Banner
Other:  Printer, Foam Distressing Tool (Ranger)

No comments :