October 3, 2022

More Sunflowers

Happy Monday!
Time to start a new week! 

It has been a difficult summer. I am so fortunate that my parents have lived such a full life. However, my father took ill at the beginning of August and sadly passed away a week ago. My siblings and I pulled together and made sure that my mom got to the hospital every day to see him and now we are helping my mom grieve the love of her life that she was with for 73 years! So many good memories to draw from.




Therefore I have not been crafting very much and I  hope to change that! I have a couple more cards that I made with the Sumputous Sunflower embossing folder from Crafter's Companion! I added my colour right inside the embossing folder, added a spritz of water and put in my watercolor cardstock. I used a small finger tip foam to add a bit more brown to the flower centre .



Thanks so much for stopping in today!


5 comments :

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful long life they shared together, Tracey. I'm so happy you and your siblings could be there for them both. I hope crafting can bring you some comfort, sweet friend. Your sunflowers are lovely!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, and it is a blessing your parents had such a long and loving life together. Hugs.

Darnell said...

Is there any flower more capable of bringing good cheer than a sunflower? So bright and happy and uplifting, especially when times are hard. These are just that, Tracey, and I love them! My heart goes out to you and your family as you grieve your dad and help your mom grieve her husband. I can't imagine such a huge adjustment after 73 years. I'm glad you are taking some time to find comfort in crafting. Love, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Don't I wish that I could be there to craft along with you, Tracey! I adore your sunflowers!
You and your siblings will surely keep your Mom comforted during this sad time all the while bringing comfort to each other as well.
xx

Lindsey said...

The dimension on this is just beautiful! I have been thinking of you and praying for your family lots over the last few weeks. I can't imagine your sweet mom's grief and hope that you will all be comforted together.