February 11, 2021

Interactive Pizza Box Card



February 9th was National Pizza Day. A while back I made an interactive cards with an opening pizza box on the front. with the fun MFT Stamps Pizza My Heart Stamp set MFT|EH and MFT Stamps Pizza My Heart die-namics MFT|EH--this is such a fun set!

I was hanging on to it so that I could make a video about how I created my box, and that might still happen, but right now I am taking a bit of a break from videos.

PIZZA BOX
  • Cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 4" x 7 3/4".
  • Score on the long side at 1/4", 3 1/2" and 3 3/4", then flip to the short side and scored at 1/4" and 3 3/4". 
  • Fold and crease all of the score lines
  • Snip a 1/4" into the four corners of the bottom panel to make tabs to put the box together. 
  • Trim a 1/4" off both sides of the lid (you could leaves those on if you want the lid top tuck into the base).
NOTE: To create the little hole in the centre of the lid I used the smallest circle on my crop-a-dile.

The background was made using the MFT Stamps Tiny Check patterned paper MFT|EH matted with red cardstock. The happy birthday sentiment was white embossed on black cardstock.




I die cut all the things I needed to make my gourmet pizza--the crust, the sauce, the mozzarella and all of the toppings using coloured cardstock. I added a bit of  shading to all of the pieces.



Before gluing the pizza to the inside of the box I cut a small piece of parchment paper to put under the pizza just like when you get a take out pizza. Just a fun little detail!



Thanks so much for stopping in today. Enjoy the rest of the week. 
Stay safe!

 



9 comments :

I Card Everyone said...

My better half would love this card, Tracey! Pizza is an entire food group for him!
So clever!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is too cute, Tracey! The tiny red checks remind me of a tablecloth in a little pizzeria and the parchment paper is the perfect embellishment!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Tracey, this is so much fun! I love that this could be either masculine or feminine!

JulieP said...

oh wow!!! This is AWESOME! So clever. LOVE it Tracey!

Cat Craig said...

Tracey, this is darling and so creative. I love puns and this one is perfection.

Anita in France said...

Brilliantly detailed, Tracey ... such a fun idea ... and it looks so tasty! Great touch with the vellum backer and gingham 'table cloth'! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

This is so adorable, Tracey. Actually, it is so realistic looking that I am now craving a pizza!

Katrina Bufton said...

Wow, what an amazing project. It looks fabulous (and my stomach is rumbling :D )
Katrina x

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....that pizza is fabulous and looks good enough to eat!!! Such a fun card.