January 25, 2021

Craft Roulette with Mary Gunn #45

Last Friday, I was Live on Facebook with Mary Gunn at Craft Roulette!

Craft Roulette is a fun crafty game show see the details here: www.craftroulette.live

The basic premise of the show is that after a conversation with Mary she spins the wheel with all the crafty possibilities to decide what we are going to make!
Fun right?


Mary is so delightful and we had so much fun crafting together.  I had lots of Internet/technical difficulties during the Live, so most of my crafting time with Mary was caught up in lag. 

However, if you are interested to see the show it's on the Craft Roulette YouTube channel here:  www.youtube.com/craftroulette - episode #45!

So here are the parameters chosen by the wheel:

Project: Gatefold Card
Colours: yellow, green and blue
Element: Snow man
Random: Shimmer


I formulated a plan, started my card and then when I was about half finished I wasn't feeling it. So not surprising for me, I started again! Yikes! I ended up going back and reworking the card I initially started yesterday afternoon. So I have two cards to share with you and two more to add to my Christmas 2021 stash!


For my first card I started with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I blended Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide over both sides of the panel. Then I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint on to both sides of the panel, leaving it to dry in between.

Once dry score the long side of the panel at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" or the way I did it, score at 2 1/8" and turned my panel 180° and score at 2 1/8" again.

Inside the panel I put the cute, cute snow man from Honey Bee Stamps Snow Buddies stamp set. I stamped and cut the snow man, scarf, hat and ear muffs. Then I coloured his nose 'yellow', his scarf, hat and ear muffs green. I glued his scarf and I decided to use the ear muffs then I  and added a sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps Jingle All the Way stamp set.

I sprayed the entire inside of the gatefold with Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz and set it aside to dry. Once dry, I added a Birch Press Design Frosty Flake snowflake die cut to the front of the closed gatefold. I glued half of the snowflake on to the right side of the panel so when you open the card it stay's attached to the right.

Parameter checklist:

Project: Gatefold Card 
Colours: yellow, green and blue  
- yellow nose and twine for card closure
- green scarf and hat 
- blue background  
Element: Snow man 
Random: Shimmer    
- Shimmer Spray

 

Now back to the first card I started on Friday. I started the card by stamping the snow man, masking him off and using the Studio Katia Snow-Fetti stencil, I stenciled around him with blue snowflakes. It looked really cute, but it was too subtle.

When I came back to it I created another background like I did for the first card.
Then I grabbed a circle die, a great way to save a design from the recycle bin, and I cut the snowman with his snowy background out. I finished colouring him the same way I did on the first card.

I white embossed Merry Christmas from the Concord & 9th Christmas Tree stamp set to the bottom centre inside the card. I adhered the snowman circle above the sentiment and then popped his hat on top.

I adhered another snowflake to the front of the card the exact same way I did with the first card.



I finished off both cards by tying the card closed with 'yellow' twine and then once again with silver cording. Which do you prefer?


Head over to www.craftroulette.live and find out all about the show.
Thanks so much for stopping in today. 



7 comments :

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Such cute cards - I think the snowmen are glad you brought them "to life". Thank you for taking a risk and joining us at the wheel! It takes some courage to step up and give us a try. THANK YOU for your kindness and bravery!

Lindsey said...

Wow, that is a lot of ink blending - but it looks fabulous! Two amazing cards produced under pressure! :D

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN!! Love the video and your beautiful cards!

Cat Craig said...

That sounds like fun, and your card is a delight. Just recd your Christmas card, thank you so much that pinky snowflake is beautiful.

Kim Heggins said...

Love both of your fabulous cards...such a sweet snowman. I had so much fun watching the event!!!

Greta said...

What a fun idea, but I'd need all day to figure out what to do after I saw my parameters! I never make gatefold cards, but you're making me to, Tracey! Really love both designs & the blues you used! Great tip about saving something with a circle die--gotta remember that. Thank you for the condolences. I know you understand the heartbreak loosing a beloved sibling.

Celeste Goff said...

Such gorgeous cards Tracey! Love the shimmer, the beautiful snowflake, and that sweet little snowman!