October 27, 2020

Christmas Cards Set 1

 


Hey crafty friends. Time is going light speed these days even though the new way of life has most of us home most of the time. Why it that? I know when I worked full time as a high school teacher it seemed I was always going 100 miles an hour and thought I had everything in control--LOL 

Then when I went on full time disability I learned a few things pretty quickly. First is that even though I thought I was getting it all done, I wasn't. There were just lots of things that weren't getting done! The second thing I learned was that being home all the time and having more free time means more time to take on more responsibility at home--groceries, cleaning, phone calls!

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags is coming up in less than a week and that means November is going to be a busy month. So I am trying to get my Christmas card made. I am working on making at least four of the same card at a time. 

Today I have the first batch of four cards I made with the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Greetings Mix 1 set. There are so many options in this set, last year I used the same image as tags!




As I write this post I am looking out my craftroom window at the last of the season in my rose garden. One of my rose bushes has 6 buds that have been trying to open for a couple weeks now. As I write this post we are seeing our first snow flurry of the season. It isn't unusual this time of the year to go outside and see a tiny bit of snow on my roses. However, I  think we have seen the end of the warm temperatures so these blooms are now going to be encapsulated in time. Even surrounded by nature that has already had it's fall there is something beautiful about roses in the snow!


VIDEO


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


12 comments :

Crafty Math Chick said...

These are just beautiful - very classic! I am so happy to hear you are hosting the 25 Days of Christmas Tags again! SO much inspiration on those fun posts! Don't know if I will get to play along this year as our pup's health requires more attention, but I always take notes for the future. I hope you are feeling well. <3

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful, I too am trying to make multiples to get ahead.

Karen said...

These are beautiful! I bought this stamp set last year specifically for that design, but never got around to using it. Definitely on the list for this year! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards Tracey! Seems that lately when I have the free time to craft, I lack the mojo! It's a vicious circle!

I Card Everyone said...

A really stunning design, Tracey! Making your Christmas cards in groups of four is a brilliant idea - you'll have them done in record time!
=]

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just so beautiful!! And I haven't stayed at home since all this craziness began ... but I hear you ... everything is out of sorts this year!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...these are so beautiful Tracey! I love the traditional look of your cards!

TeresaC said...

SO SO pretty Tracey!! You are a marvel!! I love your cards and your inspiration to make at least 4 of each design. That will help me immensely!!

cm said...

Beautiful tags and wildly applauding your drive to make multiples of cards to pair with your tags! Very ambitious!! Super excited and deeply honoured to be joining in the tag-fun this year! Thank you!
My one rose bush - and the roses that were blooming so prolifically over the past couple of weeks - is now wearing a blanket of snow. It really is quite lovely with the snow and peeks of pretty colour. Even so, I'm not ready for winter!
hugs~c

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards.

Joyce said...

Love this batch of cards, Kim. The design is so elegant and sophisticated.

Anita in France said...

I've been admiring these in my Feedly list for days, Tracey ... such a gorgeous set ... crisp, classy, stylish ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)