October 29, 2019

Jack O Lantern

tracey_jackolantern


I am up on the A Jillian Vance Design blog today with one more spooky Halloween card! I created my pumpkin using the Autumn Pumpkins stamp set by clear embossing the large pumpkin image on watercolour cardstock and then colouring the pumpkin and the wine with Distress Inks. I used Carved Pumpkin and Peeled Paint. The pumpkin was set aside to dry.

To prepare my background I ink blended some Distress Oxide inks onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot! Once it had my blending done I covered the whole panel with Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone. The panel was set aside to dry. The glimmer paste over the background picked the most gorgeous iridescent colours, perfect for Halloween!

The sentiment from the Happy Halloween stamp set was white embossed onto a small sentiment strip from the Instant Photo Frame die set that I die cut with yellow cardstock. Once the pumpkin was dry I fussy cut it and then I die cut the pumpkin face from the Perfect Pumpkin die set with black cardstock.  To finish it off I glued the face on to my pumpkin with A Jillian Vance Design Just Glue It crystal clear adhesive. The pumpkin was adhered to the background with foam tape to give it a bit of dimension!

A closer look...

tracey_jackolantern_closeup

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Halloween!

7 comments :

Bunny said...

Cute pumpkin. Love the background. [Bunny]`

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just FABULOUS!!! I loveeeeeee that pumpkin!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, love the shine.

Christine said...

What a sweet card...so happy to see a smiling pumpkin rather than something scary! The glimmer paste adds such gorgeous sparkle!

Lisa Elton said...

Left you some love at AJVD, this is CUTE!

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous!!! So on love with your wonderful pumpkin, love all the wonderful glitter and sweet smile!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a sweet and fun card Tracey! I love all of the sparkle too!